MAS: Sutera Sanctuary Lodges @ Kinabalu Park [Breakfast]

Enjoying a piping hot bowl of noodle soup in the cool morning~

After a restful night's sleep in one of the four Liwagu Suites, I couldn't wait for breakfast. With my BFF, I had a refreshing morning walk to Balsam Buffet Restaurant, which is situated not far away from the entrance of Kinabalu Park.


Assorted Stuff #1

The vegetables from the salad bar, including the not-so-common beetroots, were as fresh as they could get. The cold cuts looked appetising too, while the smoked salmon could use just a little bit more salt.


Assorted Stuff #2

The spread of cooked food items wasn't huge. I took fried rice, fried kway teow (Chinese flat noodle) and roti prata (Indian flatbread), all of which were passable. However, the curry chicken was pretty rich.


Noodle Soup

Between a bowl of porridge and that of noodle soup, I went for the latter that was prepared on-site by the chef. Even though the clear broth wasn't as sweet as I'd like it to be, it warmed my heart and soul. Pika's advice: I don't think you'll be disappointed ordering this. Do note that the chili soy sauce can be really spicy, as it was the case when I was there.


French Toast & Omelette

I don't fancy French toast, but I went ahead to grab one, which was kinda dry. The omelette was a bit too thin for my liking, but the filling was moist. It had lots of cheese inside too.


Pastry & Cakes

I shared the above with my BFF. I enjoyed the bread topped with sesame seeds the most, followed by the mellow fruit cake. The pancake was so-so, while the roll cakes weren't fragrant enough.


Fruits & Yogurt

I took a slice of watermelon, papaya and apple each. All of them were pretty sweet and juicy. For the sake of digestive health, I also took a cup of mixed berries yogurt.


Coffee & Orange Cordial Drink

The coffee was of medium strength, to which I decided to add creamer and a bit of sugar. The orange cordial drink was adequately sweet.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 7/10
Ambience: 8/10
Service: 7/10
Overall: 7.5/10

The restaurant is opened daily: 6.30am - 11.00am for buffet breakfast, 12 noon - 4.30pm for buffet lunch and 6.00pm - 9.00pm for buffet dinner. As a bonus, here's a picture of the living room of the suite, taken from the second floor.


Sutera Sanctuary Lodges

Jalan Kinabalu
Kinabalu Park
Ranau
Malaysia
(Daily: 6.30am - 11.00am)


*No separate price given as buffet breakfast is included in the room price.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]

SIN: Singapore Airlines SQ656 (Economy)