TWN: Taipei M Hotel (台北門精品旅店) [Breakfast]

Going crazy over unlimited supply of 滷肉飯!

As much as my BFF and I'd love to stay at Hotel Relax II again upon returning to the capital city of Taiwan, unfortunately there wasn't anymore rooms available when we tried to book online. As a result, we booked a room at Taipei M Hotel, which is a short distance away from Hotel Relax II.


Braised Pork Rice & Winter Melon Soup

I wasn't expecting it at all, but the moment I saw a pot of braised pork next to a rice cooker, I was literally jumping with excitement. Unhealthy, I know, but it was lipsmackingly good. The clear winter melon soup, with its clean sweetness, helped to wash the fats down the throat.


Stir-Fried Noodle & Cooked Dishes

The stir-fried noodle was only half as flavourful as the braised pork rice. That aside, the cooked items were all mildly flavoured. I enjoyed the stir-fried mushrooms with eggs and onions the most, while the beancurd was a tad too watery for my liking.


Salad & Smiley Fries

Those were the five varieties of vegetables available at the salad bar, all of which were acceptably fresh. The smiley fries were pretty popular as I saw them getting replenished frequently.


Steamed Buns

I skipped the toast and jam, going for the soft and sweet Chinese steamed buns instead. While sceptical about the chocolate variant at first, I found it to be more than decent. The lotus paste bun only had a small amount of filling though.


Watermelon & Aiyu Jelly

Another unexpected find at the buffet line was the jelly made of the seeds of a variety of fig in simple syrup and lime juice. The watermelon slices weren't that sweet and juicy.


Beverages

It was my BFF's turn to be overjoyed when he saw a Calpis dispensing machine. The hot green tea latte was quite thick, and so was the cappuccino. Pika's advice: Do explore the wide variety of beverages available.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 7.5/10
Ambience: 6.5/10
Overall: 7/10

As a little teaser to the upcoming post in my travel blog, here's a view of Dr. Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hall taken from somewhere. 


Taipei M Hotel
(台北門精品旅店)

64 Hankou Street Section 1
Taipei
Taiwan
(Daily: 7.00am - 10.00am)


*No separate price given as buffet breakfast is included in the room price.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

TWN: EVA Air BR226 (Economy)

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]