POL: Metropol Hotel [Breakfast]

More than satisfying cold cuts and scrambled eggs!

My BFF and I stayed at Metropol Hotel (3*) in Warsaw, Poland, which is situated at a busy intersection not far from the famed Palace of Culture and Science. It's also within walking distance from Centrum metro station. I must say that the spread of the breakfast buffet is pretty decent.


Assorted Stuff #1

Among the cold cuts, my BFF and I agreed that the best was the thinly sliced pork meat interspersed with gelatinous trotter. There were quite a few varieties of cheese available, but I only took the smoked cheese that wasn't as smoky as expected. The button mushrooms were juicy.


Assorted Stuff #2

I relished the scrambled eggs that were runny, as well as the moist pork bacon slices. There was nothing unusual about the sausage and baked beans, while the vegetables cooked with tomato paste was so-so. Pika's advice: For those who enjoy spring onions with your scrambled eggs, there's a huge bowl full of those aromatic greens. I only noticed that when I went for my second helping.


Assorted Stuff #3

The bread slice was soft enough for my liking, while the croissant was adequately flaky and buttery. For something mildly sweet, I had a slice butter cake with a chocolate layer at the bottom and a Polish dumpling filled with strawberry.


Fruits & Yogurt

There were a few choices of fresh fruits, but since I was too lazy to munch on apples and the likes, I simply took orange slices, grapefruit slices and some canned pineapple cubes to eat with mixed berry yogurt. 


Cappuccino & Homemade Smoothie

I had a cup of cappuccino that was of medium strength, as well as a glass of naturally sweet smoothie made of banana and vegetables.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 7.5/10
Ambience: 7/10
Overall: 7/10

Now I I feel like making scrambled eggs for breakfast tomorrow.


Metropol Hotel

Marszalkowska 99A
Warsaw
Poland
(Mon-Fri: 6.30am - 10.00am;
Sat-Sun: 6.30am - 11.00am)


*No separate price given as buffet breakfast is included in the room price.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]

TWN: EVA Air BR36 (Economy)