FJI: Fiji Airways [Economy, International, Long-Haul]

Delicious fish korma with stir-fried French beans!

Bula! I'm finally back from Fiji, although I wish I could stay there longer. It's been an amazing journey at such an exotic destination, which hospitality began in the 10-hour flight from Singapore to Nadi. Anyway, more stories will be available in the near future on my travel blog.


There was neither welcome drink nor snack given for the flight. Without further ado, let's see what were offered that day.




FJ Meal #1

Cucumber and Turnip Salad - Taste: 7/10

Julienned cucumbers and turnips were mixed with flavoured vinegar. They were slightly refreshing, I must say.

Fish Korma with Basmati Rice Taste: 8.5/10

Indian food plays a significant role in Fijian cuisine, and it's certainly reflected well in the fish main course, where the white meat was submerged in aromatic and creamy coconut gravy. The accompanying stir-fried French beans and rice were executed well too.

Chicken Teriyaki with Fried Rice Taste: 7.5/10

The oriental option featured chicken chunks, which were tender enough, cooked with teriyaki sauce. I was glad that the fried rice wasn't dry and the vegetables weren't overcooked. Pika's advice: Do note that the airline serves vegetarian main course as well (not pre-arranged), which I didn't try that day. 

Bread

The nitrogen-packed bread wasn't tough, so it was alright.

Others

Crackers, cheese wedge and Kit Kat were placed on each tray. To be searingly honest, I'd like something more for dessert than a bar of Kit Kat.

Beverages

I requested for a glass of red wine to begin with. After the meal, I had a glass of apple juice, as well as a cup of tea that was pretty mild. BTW, one can have as much Fiji water as he wants on Fiji Airways. :P


FJ Meal #2

Chicken Pasta Taste: 7/10

The pasta, while not that al dente, was pretty decent. It was accompanied by acceptably tender chunks of chicken in brown sauce that was mildly savoury.

Chocolate Cake Taste: 7.5/10

Despite its small size, the chocolate cake was acceptably rich without being too sweet. It could be moister though.

Others

The same packet of crackers and cheese wedge made appeared on the second meal service.

Beverages

As I'd had apple juice earlier, I decided to go for orange juice. I also had another cup of tea.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 7.5/10
Ambience: 7.5/10
Service: 8/10
Overall: 7.5/10

While the two meals served were decent, their portions could definitely be increased. Anyway, I'd also like to share that I finally got to fly in a propeller plane, specifically the DHC-6 Twin Otter, from Nadi to Taveuni Island.


From above the sky, I took a picture of the Rainbow Reef, which is said to be one of the top ten diving and snorkelling spots in the world. I must say that it's really THAT awesome.


A mandatory shot, of course! :)

Fiji Airways

Economy Cabin
Airbus 330-200


*No separate price given as meals are included in the ticket price.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

TWN: EVA Air BR226 (Economy)

SIN: Singapore Airlines SQ656 (Economy)