JPN: Hotel Sunroute Sopra Kobe (ホテルサンルートソプラ神戸) [Breakfast]

Say yes to free-flow almond pudding!

Hotel Sunroute Sopra Kobe (3*), the last hotel where my BFFs and I stayed at in Japan in December 2019, is located near Boeki Centre train station in the city renowned for its high quality beef. No, the hotel doesn't serve beef for breakfast, but prides itself in dishing out healthy items for its guests to enjoy.


Assorted Stuff #1

To my bowl of Japanese rice with mixed grains, I ladled some homemade curry that was pleasantly thick and sweet. I didn't see that many side dishes to accompany the rice, but they were all more than edible. I found the glass noodle salad to be refreshing, but the mackerel was a bit dry. The miso (Japanese fermented rice, barley and/or soybean) soup was hearty enough.


Assorted Stuff #2

I really enjoyed the creamy chicken stew, which was the best item on the plate as the white meat was tender and the sauce was rich. The scrambled eggs could be more velvety, but they were quite moist. I also noted that the vegetables at the salad bar were adequately fresh, while the potato wedge wasn't oily at all.


Pancake & Chocolate Danish

It wasn't the fluffiest slice of pancake I've ever had, but it was better than average. Drizzled with maple syrup and topped with a bit of margarine, it made me happy like a little kid who didn't have to worry about a thing in this world. As for the chocolate danish, its texture was desirable and the filling left a nice bittersweet taste.


Almond Pudding & Fruits

I was so happy to know that I could eat as much almond pudding as I wanted, though I didn't go beyond two plates. Even though I really enjoyed its heady fragrance, I'd prefer it to be firmer. The orange and grapefruit slices were adequately sweet and juicy. Pika's advice: Don't worry, there are other fruits available too. I was just too lazy to eat bite on apples and some others.


Beverages

I enjoyed the two healthy and thick smoothies: mixed berries with soy milk and pear with peach. The former was creamy enough for my liking, while the latter was delightfully fragrant. The cappuccino had an adequate amount of milk, but it could be more aromatic.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 7.5/10
Ambience: 7.5/10
Overall: 7.5/10

Do the dishes look appetising to you?

Hotel Sunroute Sopra Kobe
(ホテルサンルートソプラ神戸)

1-1-22 Isobedori
Chuo, Kobe
Japan
(Mon-Sat: 6.30am - 10.00am;
Sun: 6.30am - 10.30am)


*No separate price given as buffet breakfast is included in the room price.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]

TWN: EVA Air BR36 (Economy)