SIN: McDonald's {National Day 2022} [Takeaway]

Of 'laksa', 'pulut hitam' and 'teh C'!

Hi, folks! It's been a while since my last update. I'm still in the midst of tidying up the photos from my last trip, so stay tuned! For today, let's talk about McDonald's again. In conjunction with Singapore's 57th National Day this year, our local Golden Arches decided to infuse local elements into some of their items. 


Laksa Delight Burger (Extra Value Meal) S$9.10

Upon unwrapping my hamburger, I was delighted to see that the cheese was melted well, complementing the slightly savoury chicken ham. While the yolk of the egg was still a bit moist, the muffin could be firmer for sure.


Laksa Delight Prawn Burger (Set Menu)
Taste: 7.5/10

Nope, you're not going to find noodle sandwiched inside, but a prawn patty, an egg and cabbage slaw topped with yellow coconut-based sauce akin to mustard at first glance. Even though the sauce wasn't spicy, which would otherwise be more appetising, I found it to be creamy and delightful enough.


I also enjoyed the patty filled with bite-sized prawns that were somewhat bouncy, but it'd be better if it were to be crispier. Pika's advice: Should you prefer a crispier patty, go for the Laksa Delight Chicken Burger instead at the same price.


Pulut Hitam Pie (Set Menu)
Taste: 7/10

I'm a big fan of black glutinous rice porridge topped with coconut milk. The moment I saw the advertisement on the limited-edition pie, I knew I had to try it before it's gone. Enveloped in the usual crispy pie skin was a rather thick rendition of the traditional dessert dish. It tasted pleasant, though I was hoping that it'd be creamier and a tad sweeter.


Teh C Frappé (Small) S$4.50
Taste: 4/10

To give a context to our overseas friends, teh C is a humble Singapore's version of hot tea with evaporated milk. Described as "an aromatic blend of the traditional flavours you love", it was unfortunately anything but. Perhaps I was just unlucky, for a friend of mine said that the one he got from another outlet was akin to "Thai iced milk tea on steroids". Honestly, I could hardly tell that I was drinking tea, which was made a bit sweeter with the toppings of whipped cream and chocolate powder. I had no problem finishing it, but the one prepared at the Hillion Mall outlet was disappointing.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 6/10

Have you tried any of these items? What's your verdict? 

McDonald's

17 Petir Rd
#B1-25/26/27 Hillion Mall
Singapore
(Daily: 6.00am - 12 midnight)


*Prices quoted are nett prices.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]

CAN: St. Lawrence Market