SIN: Singapore Airlines SQ656 (Economy)

Virgin experience with Singapore Airlines to Japan!

Merry Christmas to one and all! I'm back in Singapore, spending Christmas and New Year at home. From now on, I'll be writing about my recently concluded culinary trip to Japan and Indonesia. Let's take a look at what I had onboard Singapore Airlines SQ656 from Singapore to Fukuoka, Japan.


Do you fancy rice for breakfast?


Snack & Beverage

For the red-eye flight, I first had a packet of peas and crackers. Not wanting to drink anything sweet, I decided to go for a cup of mineral water.




SQ Meal

Seasonal Fresh Fruit

A quartet of fruits - apple, pineapple, orange and watermelon - was offered. They were acceptably fresh and juicy.

Tori no Tamanegi - Taste: 7/10

The Japanese main course featured tender chicken cooked with onion sauce that was rather sweet. I appreciated the savoury furikake (Japanese mixed dried seasonings) topping on the rice that balanced the flavours. Served alongside the chicken were Japanese omelette and vegetables.

Vegetable Frittata - Taste: 6/10

The egg-based Italian main course was actually not too shabby as it had a rather fluffy texture, but it was a pity that it was filled with frozen vegetables that weren't devoid of their typical smell. Nevertheless, the pork sausage was delicious and the potatoes were soft.

Bread

The bread was neither overly soft nor too hard. It came with a pack of salted butter and strawberry jam each.

Beverages

To freshen myself up, I had a cup of orange juice before gobbling down my breakfast. After that, I had a cup of coffee that turned out to be somewhat weak.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 6.5/10
Ambience: 7.5/10
Service: 7/10
Overall: 7/10

Not only was it my virgin experience with Singapore Airlines to Japan, but also my first time onboard a Boeing 787-10 aircraft. Pika's advice: As Singapore Airlines is celebrating its first year anniversary of the launch of Boeing 787-10 to and from Fukuoka, it's currently offering a special dessert called Yamecha Sweet Potato for lunch onboard SQ655 from Fukuoka to Singapore.


Singapore Airlines

Economy Class Cabin
Boeing 787-10


*No separate price given as meals are included in the ticket price.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

CAN: St. Lawrence Market