SIN: The Fullerton Hotel Singapore [Breakfast]

Forced to eat breakfast on bed...

Hi, everyone! Hope all of you're staying safe. Now that the year is somewhat winding down for me, I shall slowly get back to blogging. Earlier this year, I had the opportunity to have a 2D1N staycation at The Fullerton Hotel Singapore (5*). However, it happened during Phase 2 (Heightened Alert) before Singapore began to move into the COVID-19 endemic mode, so I had to consume the breakfast inside the room as dine-in was prohibited.


During check-in, I requested for the breakfast for two to be delivered to the room at 8.30am. The earliest possible timing was at 7.30am, although the usual buffet breakfast would start at 6.30am before the COVID-19 pandemic struck.


Set A: Nasi Lemak
Taste: 5/10

I recall there were five choices offered for breakfast. There was quite a huge portion of the coconut milk and pandan-scented rice, although it wasn't the most aromatic for sure. The accompaniments - chicken drumlets, chili prawns, omelette, peanuts and anchovies - were pretty much passable, although the prawns were quite crunchy. Included in each set were bakery items and some fruits. I was thankful that the croissant was quite crunchy and buttery.


Set D: Scrambled Eggs
Taste: 6/10

Sitting on a slice of bread, the scrambled eggs fared better. While it'd certainly be better for the eggs to be more velvety, they were adequately creamy. I was disappointed to find out that the promised rosti on the menu was substituted with hash brown medallions instead, though they were enjoyably crispy. Also included in the set were chicken sausages, bacon strips, baked beans and grilled tomato.


Yogurt

Each set also came with Emmi yogurt, but I didn't get to choose the flavours.


Beverages

Even though the menu that was sent to me via e-mail only indicated orange juice, it was actually possible to request for apple juice as well. The black coffee wasn't too shabby as it wasn't too dilute, and the same could be said for the English breakfast tea. Pika's advice: You can request for more drinks. Anyway, it's likely that they'll make a call to check if you'd like to have more.
 
Melon's Rating
Taste: 5.5/10

I suppose it's not surprising that I was expecting better quality breakfast. For such a highly discounted room rate that I managed to snag, however, I shall shut my mouth as I had an enjoyable stay there.


The Fullerton Hotel Singapore

1 Fullerton Square
Singapore
(Daily: 7.30am - 10.30am)


*No separate price given as breakfast set is included in the room price.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

CAN: St. Lawrence Market