SIN: The Fullerton Hotel Singapore [In-Room Dining]

Mango mania in May!

Still on the 2D1N staycation that I had at the iconic The Fullerton Hotel Singapore (5*), I had to make use of the S$80.00 dining credit that was included in the amazing room rate that I scored. However, since dine-in was prohibited during Phase 2 (Heightened Alert), I had no choice but to do in-room dining. Have a look at the two items I ordered during my stay.



Signature Afternoon Tea Experience S$50.00

I believe that was my virgin experience of having an in-room afternoon tea set.


Scones (Set Menu)
Taste: 8/10

Two scones were offered: plain and raisin. I'm not a fan of raisins, but anyway, both of them were delectably buttery, although I was hoping that they'd be crumblier. They were paired nicely with high quality clotted cream and strawberry jam, and I also used a bit of honey.


Upper Tier (Set Menu)
Taste: 7.5/10

Mangoes were in season, so the upper tier of the set featured them in most of the sweet bites. My favourite was the round tart filled with slightly tart raspberry jam that accentuated the sweetness of the tropical fruit. The mango and chocolate cake was memorable too due to the nice interplay of the sweet and the bitter. On the other hand, the white chocolate and pistachio cake at the centre was too sweet for my liking.


Middle Tier (Set Menu)
Taste: 6.5/10

The most colourful tier featured two mini bread and a mini pancake. The sliced bread was unfortunately a tad dry, although the pickled cucumber was quite refreshing and the smoked salmon wasn't too salty. The mini pancake topped with minced tuna and mango salsa was moister.


Lower Tier (Set Menu)
Taste: 7.5/10

The more exciting savoury items could be found on the lower tier. The mini hamburger with crunchy bun featured egg mayonnaise that was quite creamy. The other two with crispy shells were stuffed with pretty succulent prawns and tender beef shavings.


Chamomile Tea

As I'd had more than enough caffeine in the morning, I opted for TWG chamomile tea. I'm quite sensitive to caffeine, so I try to avoid consuming after 2.00pm as far as possible.


Nasi Goreng S$31.00
Taste: 5.5/10

I knew that the Indonesian style fried rice wouldn't be value-for-money, and I wouldn't even think of having it without the dining credit. The rice cooked with kecap manis (Indonesian sweet soy sauce) wasn't bad with some shrimps hiding in it, but there was nothing to rave about the rest. The chicken satay wasn't so succulent; even the deep-fried frozen chicken drumlets won over the former. The prawn cracker at least made me happy though.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 7/10

How's your experience with the food and beverages served at The Fullerton Hotel Singapore? Pika's advice: Priced at S$32.00, the Town Laksa that comes with prawns and quail eggs is reportedly pretty good. You may want to give it a try.


The Fullerton Hotel Singapore

1 Fullerton Square
Singapore
(Daily: 7.30am - 10.30am)


*Prices quoted are subject to 10% service charge and 7% GST.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

CAN: St. Lawrence Market