AZE: Center City Hotel Baku [Breakfast]

Free-flow strawberries to sweeten your day!

Given my short leisure trip to Baku, Azerbaijan, my BFF and I only stayed at one hotel that's just a stone's throw from the old city area known as Icherisheher. Center City Hotel Baku (3*) is an affordable hotel that offers pretty basic, but delectable enough buffet breakfast similar to that can be found in equivalent hotels in Turkey. 


Assorted Stuff

Just like classic Turkish breakfast, you can find a selection of cured meat, cheese, olives, cucumbers and tomatoes at the buffet line. I was glad that the cheese and the cured meat weren't that salty, while the vegetables were adequately fresh. I also enjoyed the aromatic rye bread.


Assorted Eggs

To my surprise, the basic omelette was surprisingly so buttery. The egg cooked with herbs was pretty fragrant. I have to say that the hard-boiled egg was slightly overdone as the outer layer of the yolk had turned greyish.


Tomato Egg

For our last breakfast at the hotel, the local version of menemen (Turkish scrambled eggs with tomatoes) was served. While I was hoping that it'd be slightly less wet, the scrambled eggs were fluffy enough for my liking, blending well with the sweet and sour mashed tomatoes. 


Qutab

Qutab is an Azerbaijani dish made from thinly rolled dough that's cooked briefly on a convex griddle called saj. It was a pity that they weren't warm as they'd been sitting in the air-conditioned dining room for a while. I couldn't really make out the fillings of the two kinds of qutab, but they were just a tad savoury.


Strawberries

I scored lots of fresh, sweet and juicy strawberries every morning as they were in season during our visit. What else could I ask for? 
 

Beverages

The black tea was to die for as it was really strong and fragrant. I also gulped down more than enough cherry juice, but not so much of the orange cordial drink as it only tasted sweet without a hint of acidity at all. Pika's advice: Take note that you can't find coffee on the buffet line. I'm not sure if you can request for some from the staff. In any case, directly outside the hotel is an Illy coffee shop should you need to get a cup or two. 

Melon's Rating
Taste: 7/10

The dining area is small.


Center City Hotel Baku

32 Eziz Eliyev Road
Baku
Azerbaijan
(Daily: 8.00am - 10.00am)

*No separate price given as buffet breakfast is included in the room price.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

CAN: St. Lawrence Market