AZE: McDonald's

I'm already missing the cherry pie!

The very first meal that my BFF and I had in the capital city of Azerbaijan was nowhere near traditional cuisine. As usual, I'm always interested in trying at least one fast food chains whenever I go overseas, and the choice was McDonald's for dinner. We ordered a few items that can't be found in Singapore.


Which one did Pikachu try first?


Mangal Beef Menu AZN 9.50 (~S$7.70)
Mangal Beef Burger - Taste: 7.5/10
Fries - Taste: 6/10

For the uninitiated, mangal is a Middle Eastern style BBQ. The local-inspired burger featured beef patty slathered in some kind of sauce that was adequately sweet and smoky. Even though I didn't find it particularly unique, I enjoyed it with the fresh onions, pickles, tomatoes and lettuce. As for the fries, I've had better ones elsewhere. Coke Zero was our beverage of choice.



Shrimps (4 pcs) AZN 5.90 (~S$4.80)
Taste: 6.5/10

Carrying a total of 180 calories, the four pieces of deep-fried shrimps were somewhat crispy without being greasy. They went well with the smooth mustard sauce that we selected out of a few choices available, including Thousand Island condiment.



Spicy Cheesy (5 pcs) AZN 3.75 (~S$3.05)
Taste: 7.5/10

I was drawn more to the spicy cheesy pillows. Crunchy on the outside, each of them was pretty airy with an adequate amount of melted cheese inside. I kinda expected that the filling wouldn't be so runny, but it was pretty tasty and just a little bit spicy due to the addition of chili pepper.



Fruit Pie (Cherry) AZN 1.75 (~S$1.40)
Taste: 8/10

To me, the cherry pie was clearly the winner of the evening. Instead of one long piece, the packet contained two shorter pie pieces, each oozing with hot cherry liquid that was delightfully sweet. I would've ordered another one had I not already been stuffed. Pika's advice: You may also want to try their Fruit Pie (Strawberry and Raspberry) at the same price.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 7/10

We went to the branch near Fountain Square that evening, which isn't far from Center City Hotel Baku.


McDonald's

340 Nizami Street
Baku
Azerbaijan
(Daily: 7.30am - 3.00am)


*Prices quoted are nett prices.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

CAN: St. Lawrence Market