TRY: Turkish Airlines TK1887 (Business)

Surprisingly no local dishes served onboard...

After the sumptuous meal at the flagship Turkish Airlines Lounge, it was time for my BFF and I to fly with the flag carrier of Turkey, or should I say Turkiye now, from Istanbul to Vienna without intending to do a trip to Austria at all. We had an early dinner during the flight that was slightly more than two hours.


Melon enjoyed her meal while watching a documentary on Turkish delicacies.


Welcome Drinks

I had a glass of orange juice, while my BFF had a glass of raspberry juice before we took off.


TK Meal

Mozzarella and Grilled Vegetables - Taste: 7.5/10

There was only one choice for starter: two slices each of grilled zucchini, tomato and mozzarella cheese. Lightly seasoned with salt, the vegetables were adequately fresh and juicy. The mozzarella discs were soft and bouncy.

Seasonal Salad Taste: 7/10

Served at the side was a bowl of salad comprising shredded iceberg lettuce, cucumber slices and half a tomato. It came with a small bottle of olive oil.

Selection of Cheese

As can be seen from the picture above, there were three types of bite-sized cheese with black and green olives on a square rock plate.

Bread

When the flight attendant came with a bread basket, I requested for the rectangular bread topped with nuts and sesame seeds. To my delight, it was rather warm and crunchy. There was no garlic bread in sight, otherwise I'd have taken it.



Fillet of Beef Cutlet Taste: 5/10

Alas, the main course that I was looking forward to savour turned out to be disappointing. Accompanied by broccoli, the beef wasn't so tender, the inside wasn't dry, the outside was clearly so. The saving grace was the gnocchi laden with a kind of savoury sauce, which I thought was curry at first, but it wasn't the case.

Vegetable Casserole Taste: 6.5/10

For the other main course, we'd wanted to share Grilled Sea Bass with Tuscany Style Vegetables. Alas, they ran out of it, so we went for the vegetarian option that was more palatable than its beef counterpart. Among the vegetables were potatoes, eggplants, carrots, tomatoes and onions Although I was hoping for the tomato sauce to be thicker, it was pretty sweet and not too shabby.




Lemon Tart - Taste: 8/10

The dessert was the best item of the day. I enjoyed the tart that was firm and buttery enough for my liking. To my delight, the lemon curd filling had the right balance of the sweet and the sour.

Beverages

To go with the meal, I requested for sour cherry juice and raki, which is a highly alcoholic drink made of twice-distilled grapes and aniseed. At the end of the meal, I had a robust and fragrant cup of black tea. Pika's advice: If you're interested, the airline serves Homemade Ayran. I don't quite like that savoury yogurt-based beverage though, so I didn't give it a try. 

Melon's Rating
Taste: 6.5/10
Ambience: 8/10
Service: 8.5/10
Overall: 8/10

It was a pity that the main courses failed to impress. Having said that, do look forward to a post on long-haul Business Class meal by the same airline in the near future.


Turkish Airlines

Business Class Cabin
Airbus 321-200


*No separate price given as meals are included in the ticket price.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

MEX: Guacamole Grill