JPN: Henn-na Hotel Nara (変なホテル奈良) [Breakfast]

Not Japanese, but simple French dishes for breakfast~

Happy New Year, folks! Ever since I heard about the world's first hotel run by robots in 2015, I'd always wanted to stay at Henn-na Hotel. The opportunity eventually materialised during my second visit to Nara with my family. For breakfast, each guest gets to choose one dish with free-flowing drinks.


Croque Monsieur
Taste: 7.5/10

For something savoury, you should opt for the French ham and cheese sandwich topped with a bit of black pepper. It was pretty good, but I thought the béchamel (French sauce made of white roux and milk) could be more flavourful. It came with salad, a minute portion of scrambled eggs and a cup of yogurt topped with granola.


French Toast
Taste: 7.5/10

For the sweet dish, it was my first time having French toast in the form of baguette slices. They came with a small dollop of cream, as well as blueberry jam that would've been better if it'd been sweeter to balance out the acidity.


Corn Potage

Each plate comes with a bowl of soup. I believe it was instant corn potage that could be found in supermarkets, but anyway, I enjoyed it as it was sweet and creamy enough for my liking.


Beverages

I didn't try the tea, but I had a cup of coffee with milk that was pretty decent as it was aromatic enough. Besides orange juice, there was some adequately rich milk that made my brother so happy.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 7.5/10
Ambience: 7/10
Overall: 7/10

It was a rather simple, but satisfying breakfast. Pika's advice: If your booking doesn't come with breakfast, you can still get it for ¥1,000 (~S$9.15). Non-staying guests can also come for breakfast and pay ¥1,155 (~S$10.60).


Henn-na Hotel Nara
(変なホテル奈良)

46-1 Takama-cho
Nara City, Nara
Japan
(Daily: 7.00am - 10.00am)

*No separate price given as a la carte breakfast is included in the room price.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

CAN: St. Lawrence Market