NLD: KLM KL735 (Economy)

Creamy vegetarian pasta for lunch!

Given that I've previously written a post on KLM's long-haul meal service onboard KL836 from Singapore to Amsterdam, the Netherlands, I was wondering whether to write another one, though on a different route. I guess I should. Let's take a look at the offerings enroute from Amsterdam to Willemstad, Curaçao in the Caribbean.


The dishes shown in the picture above weren't particularly colourful, eh?


KL Snack #1

After take-off, I indulged in KLM's roasted almonds that were fragrant. I had a cup of Sprite to go with the nuts, while my BFF had Coca Cola.




KL Meal #1

Coleslaw - Taste: 7/10

For lunch, a rather unusual coleslaw was served. It was creamy enough for my liking, although there was a peculiar taste that I can't really describe. The vegetables were crunchy enough.

Creamy Mushroom Penne Taste: 8/10

The pasta dish might not look appetising, but it was surely delicious. The penne was done right, even though it didn't achieve the perfect al dente, which would be difficult anyway when we're talking about airplane food. The mushroom sauce was aromatic, creamy and rich.

Chicken in Black Bean Sauce with Rice Taste: 7.5/10

The other main course featured chunks of chicken stir-fried in black bean sauce that was pretty savoury. I was glad that the rice wasn't dry. In addition to that, the accompanying long beans weren't overcooked.

Caramel Mousse  Taste: 5/10

The caramel mousse that came with stroopwafel (Dutch thin waffle filled with caramel syrup) crumbs was aromatic, but rather too sweet for my liking. Given the sweetness of the stroopwafel, the mousse ought to have less sugar content.

Bread

The bread, served at cabin temperature, wasn't hard. It came with a packet of margarine.

Others

The gouda cheese was good, and so were the salty crackers.

Beverages

A bottle of water came with each tray. I shared a cup of orange juice and a small bottle of red wine with my BFF. At the end of the meal, I requested for a cup of tea and a bit of my favourite Baileys Irish Cream.




KL Snack #2

I was hoping to see packets of stroopwafel in the galley just like in KL836, but sadly there wasn't any. I didn't take any of the snacks, but I was pleasantly surprised when the cabin crew went around to distribute ice cream cones mid-flight. Pika's advice: I saw someone getting a second serving of ice cream. I guess you can do so before it runs out!



KL Meal #2

Coleslaw - Taste: 7/10

I was speechless when I saw exactly the same appetiser being served on the second meal service. Thankfully, it was edible.

Vegetarian Pizza Taste: 7/10

Served warm, the pizza topped with tomato sauce and cheese wasn't too shabby. The edge was quite hard in terms of texture though, but the rest of the bread was alright.

Coffee Mousse Taste: 5/10

How creative could it be? Instead of caramel, the mousse was flavoured with coffee. It was as sweet as the previous one.

Beverages

A cup of apple juice and a bottle of water were enough for me.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 6.5/10
Ambience: 2/10
Service: 7.5/10
Overall: 5/10

Do look forward to the post in my travel blog to find out why that was possibly the worst flight I've ever had in my life, though it wasn't all because of the airline.

KLM

Economy Class Cabin
Boeing 747-400


*No separate price given as meals are included in the ticket price.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]

CAN: St. Lawrence Market