HKG: Daddyos {CLOSED}

Eat at your own risk... What?

UPDATE (09/11/2019): The restaurant has closed down.

Daddyos emerged in early 2007 with a mission "to provide customers the delicious taste of America" and a goal "to conquer the world with [their] secret recipes". I really love their ambitions!

 

Well, a few friends have recommended Daddyos to me, and so I decided to give it a try. The main branch is actually located in the Central district of HK, but I went to the branch located in Causeway Bay the other day simply because I called the wrong number when I made the reservation haha...

 

Clam Chowder Soup HK$38.00 (~S$6.30)
Taste: 8/10

I started my dinner with a bowl of heart-warming clam chowder soup. It was pretty creamy with quite a nice balance of flavour, and most importantly, I could really see and taste the clams. Pika's advice: If you happen to be a die-hard fan of clam chowder, you may want to check out their unique clam chowder pizza!

 

Hot Wings (Original) HK$46.00 (~S$7.65)
Taste: 8/10

"Eat at your own risk" when you order the suicide version of the hot wings - written on the menu, not my words. Anyway, since I wasn't game enough for the challenge (I'm not a person who can really stand super spicy stuff, you see), I just ordered the original hot wings, which were spicy enough, but not tear-inducing. They were really juicy and kinda oily at the same time. Flavourful, yes, but I suppose a tinge of sweetness would balance the flavour even further.

 

Fabio Pizza HK$138.00 (~S$23.00)
Taste: 8.5/10

A meat lover is going to love this one since there's nothing else but meat: spiced ground beef, pepperoni, ham, salami and Italian sausage. I guess I've mentioned in one (or two) of my earlier post(s) that I actually prefer a moderately thick crust pizza, but the thin pizza made of wheat bread served the other day made me wish I could have another plate haha... It was crispy on the outside, but not overly so (yes, I prefer something like this to the thin crisp version), and a bit soft and chewy on the inside. The toppings, though not unique, were flavourful (although perhaps they could add a bit more of everything), with tomato sauce that was adequately sweet and enough mozarella cheese to bind everything together.


Penne with Chicken and Mushroom HK$78.00 (~S$13.00)
Taste: 7.5/10

Actually it wasn't my intention to order the penne, but the staff took my order wrongly even though I clearly said to her that I'd like to order the seafood linguini. Anyway, the penne was alright, more or less al dente. The chicken bits and the mushrooms were adequately juicy, but the sauce tasted pretty mild, so I added some parmesan cheese to strengthen the flavour.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 8/10
Ambience: 7.5/10
Service: 6/10
Overall: 7/10

Service was actually pretty efficient, but yeah, I was a bit disappointed when I didn't get my linguini, but I didn't want to make a big deal out of it. Actually, she was kinda blur haha...

Daddyos

28 Tang Lung Street
9/F Circle Tower
Causeway Bay
Hong Kong
(Mon-Fri: 11.00am - 3.00pm, 6.00am - 11.00pm; Sat: 11.00am - 11.00pm; Sun: 12 noon - 11.00pm)


*Prices quoted are subject to 10% service charge.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

CAN: St. Lawrence Market