GEO: Samikitno

Colourful vegetable balls, anyone?

It's no surprise that I often plan my itinerary based on the eateries I want to visit. Samikitno is an exception, which I stumbled upon when my BFF and I were wandering about Old Tbilisi, Georgia. As we were already quite hungry, we decided to go ahead and give it a try.


Pikachu took a long time to decide on what to eat from the huge menu.


Vegetable Pâté Combo with Mchadi GEL 6.00 (~S$3.10)
Taste: 7.5/10

To begin with, we had something suitable for vegetarians. Mashed beetroots, turnips, carrots and tarragon leaves were shaped into colourful balls - the carrot ball being my favourite as it was sweeter than the rest. Accompanying them were two pieces of mchadi (Georgian cornbread), having a dense interior with a slightly crispy texture outside. 


Fried Trout with Homemade Sauce with Rice GEL 9.00 (~S$4.70)
Taste: 7.5/10

I love fish in general, including trout. Pan-fried with just a bit of oil, the fish was of medium firmness and naturally sweet. I felt that the tomato salsa could be executed better with greater sweet and sour balance though. The rice was pretty soft without any flavours.


Veal Barbecue with Fries and Salad GEL 15.00 (~S$7.80)
Taste: 6.5/10

being indecisive people, we decided to do an eeny, meeny, miny, moe and ended up with the veal barbecue. Unfortunately, the red meat wasn't that tender, although it was quite flavourful. The vegetables were fresh, while the fries were crispy and mildly salted. Pika's advice: The mustard sauce literally stings like a bee, so watch out.


Grape Lemonade GEL 1.80 (~S$0.95)

I shall take this opportunity to introduce Georgian lemonade, which comes in many flavours, including interesting ones like tarragon leaves. We have gone crazy over it as they are really good. To me, they are lightly fizzy and not overly sweet.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 7/10
Ambience: 6.5/10
Service: 6/10
Overall: 6.5/10

Service was a bit on the slow side, but I wasn't grumbling. Anyway, Samikitno operates quite a few branches in Tbilisi, as well as one in Batumi at the point of writing.


Samikitno

44 Kote Afkhazi Street
Tbilisi
Georgia
(Twenty Four / Seven)


*Prices quoted are subject to 15% service charge.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

CAN: St. Lawrence Market