MAS: Malaysia Airlines MH52 (Economy)

Tasty beef lasagna by Brahim's Food Services, but no more...

After so long, I finally managed to have a family trip again in December 2022 with Japan as the destination. Unfortunately, just like the last part of my Azerbaijan travel series, I've lost all photos during this trip, save for the ones that I managed to post to my Instagram feed. Let's take a look at what I had onboard Malaysia Airlines MH52 from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia to Osaka, Japan.


MH Meal #1

Bean Salad with Smoked Chicken - Taste: 6/10

The appetiser featured mixed beans drizzled with lemon juice, which were acceptably fresh. Sitting on top of the bean salad were two slices of smoked chicken that wasn't as smoky as I'd expected them to be.

Classic Beef Lasagna - Taste: 8/10

I pre-booked the online exclusive lasagna, which was surprisingly good for a pasta dish serve onboard. Topped with cheese, it had an adequate amount of minced beef laden with quite a thick tomato sauce between the pasta sheets. I was glad that the steamed broccoli and carrot slices weren't overcooked.

Blueberry Cheesecake Taste: 7/10

More appropriately described as a plain cheesecake sitting on a dollop of blueberry jam, the dessert was neither too heavy or overly sweet. The cake itself was rather creamy, which was balanced in taste by the slightly tart jam.

Bread

Though there was nothing to rave about, the dinner roll was rather soft.

Beverages

A bottle of mineral water was served on the tray. Skipping on alcohol and fruit juice, I went for a cup of Sprite with ice cubes.



MH Meal #2

Corn Dog - Taste: 5/10

If my memory serves me right, that was the first time I had a corn dog onboard. It wasn't too bad a pre-arrival snack, though it could be less dry. It came with chili sauce of a particular brand that I didn't fancy. That aside, the flight attendants also distributed packets of salted peanuts.

Beverages

Not wanting to drink any sugary beverages, I opted for a cup of black coffee to wake myself up. I was glad it was potent enough without leaving an acidic aftertaste.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 6.5/10
Ambience: 7/10
Service: 7/10
Overall: 6.5/10

Some of us have probably heard the news about Malaysia Airlines ending its partnership with Brahim's Food Services in Kuala Lumpur due to a disagreement over some clauses in the new contract with the former still scrambling to find a new permanent one. Pika's advice: Passengers will still be provided with revised refreshments and/or meals on their flights during the transition period, but you may want to bring your own meals to be consumed onboard.


Malaysia Airlines

Economy Class Cabin
Airbus 330-300


*No separate price given as meals are included in the ticket price.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

MEX: Guacamole Grill