SIN: Thai Tantric Restaurant

Go to Orchard Towers for... Thai food!

I can count with the fingers of one hand the number of times I went inside Orchard Towers. No, not to engage in sleazy activities in what used to be colloquially known as "Four Floors of Whores", of course, though authorities began forcing the nightclubs to shut down in August this year. Located on the third floor is a rather popular eatery serving Thai cuisine.


My BFF and I decided to check it out for dinner when we had our staycation along Orchard Road.


Green Curry Fried Rice with Beef S$8.00
Taste: 7/10

As far as my memory goes, that was the very first time I had fried rice cooked with green curry paste. Though it wasn't too shabby at all, I was hoping for it to be more flavourful and slightly spicier. There was a decent amount of beef slices, tender enough for my liking.


Deep-Fried Pork with Garlic and Pepper S$14.00
Taste: 6/10

I enjoyed the deep-fried pork slices topped with garlic bits, but I felt that there wasn't enough pepper. Besides that, while the meat was pretty tasty, a few slices were a tad dry and not that juicy. Served on the side was a kind of sauce that was a bit sweet.


Chicken Tom Yum Thick Soup S$14.00
Taste: 7.5/10

We had a hard time choosing between clear or coconut milk soup, but eventually went for the latter. The soup had an adequate amount of coconut milk, making it adequately rich and creamy. There wasn't much of the white meat, but I saw quite a generous amount of mushrooms.


Thai Iced Tea S$2.00
Taste: 8/10

I'd vouch for the Thai milk tea, which was easily the star of the day. The drink was not only thick in terms of consistency, but also aromatic. I also appreciated the fact that it wasn't prohibitively sweet. It was a steal for the price.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 7/10
Ambience: 6/10
Service: 7/10
Overall: 6.5/10

Take note that the eatery only accepts cash, PayNow or PayLah. Pika's advice: If you're looking for a quick meal, you may want to consider the various Set Menu for one person. They are priced at S$12.00 each, inclusive of a drink.

Thai Tantric Restaurant

400 Orchard Road
#03-44 Orchard Tower
Singapore
(Mon-Sat: 11.30am - 10.30pm)

*Prices quoted are nett prices.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

MEX: Guacamole Grill