TWN: Rilakkuma Café (拉拉熊咖啡廳)

I couldn't bear to eat the Rilakkuma-shaped rice ball~

Are you a fan of Rilakkuma? I'm not, but since my BFF and I happened to be near the café that's situated halfway between Zhongxiao Dunhua Station and Sun Yat Sen Memorial Hall Station in Taipei, we decided to check it out for fun. We were lucky as there wasn't a queue that rainy afternoon.


We actually spent quite some time to decide what dishes to order.


Crispy Chicken Wings with Salsa NT$190.00 (~S$8.55)
Taste: 7.5/10

We got ourselves some chicken wings while waiting for the rest of the dishes to come to the table. They were adequately juicy and not too oily. The skin wasn't particularly crispy, but marinated well. The accompanying tomato salsa was a bit thin and not tangy enough for my liking.


Spaghetti with Pesto, Scallops, Clams and Pine Nuts NT$340.00 (~S$15.30)
Taste: 7/10

As seen in the menu booklet, the pasta dishes served there don't include any cute figures. Nevertheless, I went ahead with the pesto sauce spaghetti. It was only mildly aromatic though. The pasta was approaching al dente, while the seafood items were of acceptable freshness.


Rilakkuma Cheese Onigiri with Chicken and Cream Sauce NT$340.00 (~S$15.30)
Taste: 6/10

The rice ball filled with melted cheese was covered in breadcrumbs before deep-fried. The cream sauce, accompanied by chicken and vegetables, was somewhat savoury, but not velvety. I believe it wasn't stirred continuously during the cooking process, resulting in a lumpy texture. Pika's advice: You can request for another rice ball for free, but it's not shaped into Rilakkuma.


Kiiroitori Caramel Macchiato Cake NT$180.00 (~S$8.10)
Taste: 7.5/10

I love how cheerful the dessert dish of choice turned out to be, decorated with fruits, sugar flowers and mint leaves. The cake infused with mango and pineapple was adequately sweet and sour, but I didn't really taste any caramel from it. I suppose it'd go well with a cup of tea.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 7/10
Ambience: 7.5/10
Service: 7/10
Overall: 7/10

While the food was nothing to rave about, spending time at the café made me happy. I'll definitely put up more pictures in my travel blog in the near future.


Rilakkuma Café
(拉拉熊咖啡廳)

3 Zhongxiao East Road Section 4 Lane 243
Taipei
Taiwan
(Mon-Fri: 11.30am - 9.00pm;
Sat-Sun: 11.30am - 9.30pm)

*Prices quoted are subject to 10% service charge.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

TWN: EVA Air BR226 (Economy)

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]