HKG: Cheese Pizza

Pizza, how cheesy? :P

When I was walking around in Wan Chai, I happened to find this quiet eatery. "Hmm, Cheese Pizza, sounds nice, no?", I thought. I loves pizzas which are rich in cheese, so I just had to try one of their creations, especially since I hadn't eaten lunch.


Fried Chicken HK$11.00 (~S$1.80)
Taste: 8/10

The price stated above is per piece. I learnt from the server that their fried chickens were pretty famous. Of course, I just had to try them and judge for myself.  Fried till (almost perfectly) golden-brown, the fried chickens had truly enjoyable crispy battered skin. The meat was pretty juicy and tender, but I felt that the flavours didn't really penetrate into the deep layers of the meat. Still, KFC is my favourite haha...


Soup of the Day HK$8.00 (~S$1.30)
Taste: 7/10

The soup of the day only had one kind of stuff swimming in it: crab sticks! Served piping hot, the soup was nicely thick, although it wasn't extraordinarily delicious.


Around the World Pizza (12") HK$80.00 (~S$13.30)
Taste: 8/10

Their pizzas are categorised under two groups, differing in the kinds of sauce: tomato sauce and Thousand Island sauce. I chose the tomato sauce pizza called Around the World which had ingredients such as pork, beef, mushrooms, onions and green peppers. True enough, the pizza had quite a generous amount of, but it wasn't that bursting with, cheese. The tomato sauce was pretty sweet, providing a lovely contrast to the soft, salty cheese. Also, the crust was airy and slightly crispy. Pika's advice: You can choose either a pan crust or a thin crust pizza. I didn't realise about it the other day, and the server didn't ask me about it. I suppose the one that I ate was the thin crust version.


Sole Fillet Rice with Spinach Sauce HK$45.00 (~S$7.50)
Taste: 7/10

When the dish arrived, I was disappointed to see that it wasn't exactly spinach sauce that went with the baked rice. With only a few dollops of blended spinach thrown in, the baked rice was pretty creamy, but it grew monotonous halfway. To be fair, the sole fillets were actually pretty tender.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 7.5/10
Ambience: 8/10
Service: 7/10
Overall: 7.5/10

Service was more or less efficient, and the server could speak basic English. Cheese Pizza has quite a number of branches in HK, especially in the heartlands.

Cheese Pizza

25 Harbour Road
Shop G7-G8, G/F Harbour Centre
Wan Chai
Hong Kong
(Opening hours unknown - Anyone knows?)


*Prices quoted are nett prices.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]

CAN: St. Lawrence Market