TRY: Nostra Casa

The messiest and the best tiramisu I've ever had thus far!

Our last evening in the heart of the old city of Istanbul, Turkey, was spent on a highly rated Italian restaurant. It offers a rooftop terrace where diners can view the sunset while enjoying their food.


Pikachu was greeted by the gregarious owner who loves Singapore. :)


Bread

I found the whole wheat bread to be a tad dry for my liking. It was interesting to see a packet of tomato crackers being offered inside the basket.


Piatto Misti Antipasti ₺40.00 (~S$19.50)
Taste: 8/10

The array of vegetarian appetiser dishes is actually priced at ₺50.00 (~S$24.35) in the menu booklet, but I suppose the owner adjusted the portions for the two of us who were initially undecided on what to try. The sigara boregi (Turkish cheese roll) was executed well, along with the eggplants that I truly enjoyed. 


Pasta alla Carbonara ₺40.00 (~S$19.50)
Taste: 6/10

I had a high hope on the classic pasta dish based on eggs, cheese, bacon and olive oil, but it was somewhat dashed. While I couldn't exactly find any faults on the flavours, it was a pity that the whole dish was too dry for my liking. Even though it wasn't that bad, I felt that I sort of wasted close to S$20.00 for such a main course.


Ossobuco ₺46.00 (~S$22.40)
Taste: 6/10

The Milanese braised veal shank served by the restaurant wasn't any better. While the meat was tender alright, the sauce was quite salty that it made me thirsty. Also, there wasn't much of the flesh to be eaten. BTW, is it just me, or do you see the shank resembling a gorilla's skull? :P


Tiramisu ₺22.00 (~S$10.70)
Taste: 9/10

Thankfully, the dinner ended at a high note with the archetypal quintessential Italian dessert. I suppose it was the messiest, but ironically the best tiramisu I've ever had in my life. Without being overwhelmingly creamy, the alcoholic coffee cake was addictive.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 7/10
Ambience: 8.5/10
Service: 9/10
Overall: 8/10

Pika's advice: From the website, it seems like their fresh fish dishes are worth a try. I enjoyed the atmosphere and was really thankful of the friendly service, but perhaps I really should've ordered other main courses. Anyway, below is the view that you get when dining at the rooftop terrace.


Nostra Casa

42 Mustafa Pasa Street
Istanbul
Turkey
(Daily: 11.30am - 11.30pm)


*Prices quoted are nett prices.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]

TWN: EVA Air BR36 (Economy)