MLI: Azalai Grand Hotel [Breakfast]

Breakfast with UN and French peacekeeping soldiers around!

My BFF and I only stayed for two nights in Bamako, Mali. The room that we booked at Azalai Grand Hotel (4*) didn't include buffet breakfast. As I wouldn't want to miss this opportunity to let all of you know about its quality, I decided to give it a try with my BFF on our last day by paying CFA 9,000 (~S$20.95) each.


Assorted Stuff

The buffet spread wasn't huge, but it had its fair share of cold and hot items. The vegetables for the salad were adequately fresh, and I enjoyed the beef cold cut. For the cooked items, I tried sautéed chicken that were quite flavourful, as well as somewhat oily sautéed vegetables that came with cottage cheese cubes.


Pastry & Crêpe

While I'd prefer the pastry items glazed with simple syrup to be crispier, they were tasty nonetheless. I enjoyed the circular custard pastry the most. The madeleine could be moister though. Of course, I wouldn't want to miss the opportunity to have a delectably thin and chewy piece of crêpe with maple syrup.


Fruits & Yogurt

The watermelon cubes were fresh and juicy. As for the rockmelon and pineapple cubes, they were a tad overripe, but had a high content of natural sugar. I also took a cup of yogurt that came with red forest fruits.


Coffee & Orange Juice

It was a pity that the coffee was rather thin. The orange juice, on the other hand, was refreshing as it was freshly squeezed.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 7/10
Ambience: 7/10
Overall: 7/10

Don't be surprised to see quite a number of peacekeeping soldiers. it seems like they usually stay at the hotel that's centrally located in the capital city. Anyway, we were thankful that the buffet breakfast was more value-for-money than the one we had in Doha, Qatar. Pika's advice: For those who enjoy dried fruits, such as apricots, dates and prunes, there are plenty of them on the buffet table.


Grand Azalai Hotel

Avenue Al Quds
Bamako
Mali
(Daily: 6.00am - 10.00am)


*Prices quoted are nett prices.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

CAN: St. Lawrence Market