VIE: Song Hong Business Lounge @ Noi Bai International Airport

Yummy 'har gow' with a heady aroma of sesame oil!

Is anyone asking, "If Vietnam wasn't your holiday destination, where could it be?" After spending less than 24 hours in the capital city of Vietnam, I was back at Noi Bai International Airport to catch my next flight. Before departure, I had a quiet breakfast at Song Hong Business Lounge.


I told myself to simply have a quick bite before entering the lounge, but ended up getting intrigued by the array of food served even for breakfast.


Chicken Pho

My BFF was the one who had the quintessential Vietnamese rice noodle soup, but I did try a bit. Topped with spring onions and coriander leaves, it was a hearty bowl for breakfast. There were only a few slivers of chicken though.


Assorted Stuff #1

The stewed chicken in tomato sauce was flavourful. I also took a piece of omelette that looked like the Japanese version, which was quite fluffy but not sweet at all. While there isn't much to say about the bacon and the cold cuts, the salad was fresh. 


Assorted Stuff #2

I enjoyed the congee that was slightly more towards the thick side in terms of consistency, topping it with fried fish, minced meat, peanuts and black pepper. I wasn't expecting much from the dim sum items, but the har gow (Chinese steamed shrimp dumplings) turned out to be tasty. Even though the shrimp in each pouch wasn't that big, it was succulent and marinated well with sesame oil. The chee cheong fun (Chinese rice noodle roll) was not bad either, but the plain steamed bun was rather hard.


Sweet Items

Who says you can't have dessert for breakfast? I relished the yam and sago with coconut milk topped with shaved ice as it was rich enough without being overly sweet. Of the three petite sweets, my favourite was the chocolate opera cake that was quite decadent.


Fruits

I was surprised by how luscious the dragon fruit slices were. The watermelon slices were pretty sweet too, but the passion fruit was quite sour.  


Beverages

The coffee was of medium strength. The grape juice had a nice balance of the sweet and the sour, but the canned lychee juice was too sweet for my liking.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 8/10
Ambience: 8/10
Overall: 8/10

I'm sure the vibrant colours of the lounge will put a smile on your face. Pika's advice: One way to also gain access to the lounge by making a reservation online or paying at the door. The lounge is also accessible to Priority Pass members.


Song Hong Business Lounge @ Noi Bai International Airport

4/F International Terminal
Noi Bai International Airport
Hanoi
Vietnam
(Daily: 6.00am - 2.00am)


*No separate price given as lounge access is included in the ticket price.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

CAN: St. Lawrence Market