JPN: Hotel Route Inn Kumamoto Ekimae (ホテルルートイン熊本駅前) [Breakfast]

Priding itself in serving various types of bread for breakfast!

In Kumamoto, Japan, my BFFs and I stayed at Hotel Route Inn Kumamoto Ekimae (3*) for two nights. The hotel is easily reachable by foot within 5 minutes or so from Kumamoto railway station. One gripe about the buffet breakfast would be the absence of fresh fruits.


Assorted Stuff #1

First of all, let's take a look at the Japanese selection. Besides the rice mixed with chopped unsalted mustard greens, I appreciated the sweet simmered dish comprising radishes, carrots, konjac cubes and spring onions. I was also glad that the salmon wasn't dry. Instead of beancurd, there were tofu puffs for the miso (Japanese fermented rice, barley and/or soybean) soup.


Assorted Stuff #2

I took some shredded cabbages, broccoli, corn kernels and beans of various colours, mixing all those adequately fresh produce with sesame dressing. The scrambled eggs were smooth enough for my liking, but the bacon was a tad dry. The mini fried mochi (Japanese rice cake) wasn't that chewy, while, the deep-fried frozen fish fillet tasted similar to the ones found here in Singapore.


Assorted Stuff #3

I can understand why the hotel takes pride in the variety of bread it imports directly from Europe and serves every morning. The croissant was lovely as it was delightfully buttery, while the other variant that I took was firm, but not tough, going well with peanut butter. Apart from those, I also had a small cup of yogurt topped with kiwi sauce. Pika's advice: Take note that the croissants are highly popular, so grab them while they last. From experience, they didn't get replenished at all after 8.00am.


Coffee & Milk

As I didn't feel like drinking anything sweet, I went for black coffee that was of medium strength. I also had a glass of delightfully rich milk produced in Aso Milk Farm to the east of Kumamoto.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 7.5/10
Ambience: 7.5/10
Overall: 7.5/10

BTW, what's your favourite type of bread?


Hotel Route Inn Kumamoto Ekimae
(ホテルルートイン熊本駅前)

1-14-19 Kasuga
Nishi, Kumamoto
Japan
(Daily: 6.30am - 9.00am)


*No separate price given as buffet breakfast is included in the room price.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

CAN: St. Lawrence Market