JPN: Hotel Sunline Fukuoka Hakata Ekimae (ホテルサンライン福岡博多駅前) [Breakfast]

Reunited with Japanese breakfast! 'Natto', anyone?

Happy New Year! I hope it's been a good start to 2020 for everyone. In Fukuoka, Japan, my BFFs and I stayed at Hotel Sunline Fukuoka Hakata Ekimae (3*) for two nights. While not exactly located in front of Hakata train station, the hotel is within walking distance from it. Let's take a look at the buffet spread for breakfast.


Assorted Stuff #1

On the first morning, I had a bowl of chicken rice that was mildly flavourful, a different kind from the Chinese style, as well as yakisoba (Japanese stir-fried buckwheat noodle) that was delicious. I also enjoyed the velvety scrambled eggs and the fried chicken that was awesome, though a tad oily.While I'm not crazy about natto (Japanese fermented soybeans), I have no issue eating those slimy stuff for the health benefits. Do you like them?


Beef Curry with Rice

On the second morning, I decided to try the hotel's homemade beef curry with rice. There wasn't a lot of the red meat to scoop, but the curry tasted pleasantly sweet. It had a pretty smooth and thick consistency.


Assorted Stuff #2

I put a piece of croissant into the toaster for a bit too long. Nevertheless, it was airy and crispy, going well with the ingenious packet of honey and margarine. The pancake, on the other hand, could be fluffier. The chocolate cake wasn't too shabby. Pika's advice: The croissants are pretty popular compared to the other available bread varieties and may not be replenished quickly, so do grab them before they run out.


Fruits

I appreciated the way the staff sliced the oranges, which were adequately sweet and juicy, to make them easier for us to eat. I also had a sweet lychee and a bit of canned fruit cocktail.


Coffee & Orange Juice

During the trip, I kept having black coffee in the morning without adding anything else. The coffee at the hotel was aromatic enough for my liking. I also had chilled orange juice that wasn't overly sweet.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 7.5/10
Ambience: 7.5/10
Overall: 7.5/10

Do you like Japanese breakfast? I burned the calories by walking more than 20,000 steps almost every single day during the trip.


Hotel Sunline Fukuoka Hakata Ekimae
(ホテルサンライン福岡博多駅前)

4-11-18 Hakata Ekimae
Hakata, Fukuoka
Japan
(Daily: 7.00am - 10.00am)


*No separate price given as buffet breakfast is included in the room price.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

CAN: St. Lawrence Market