IDN: Batik Air ID7151 (Economy)

Care for a 'roti john' onboard?

Here's the last post of my December 2019 trip for the food blog. After spending three nights in Jakarta, Indonesia, my BFF and I flew back to Singapore with Batik Air. This isn't my first time reviewing the Economy Class in-flight meal of the Indonesian carrier. I've also tried flying in its Business Class once, but I haven't had the chance to write about it.


I'd had the same muffin variant before, but not the roti john, an omelette sandwich originating from Maritime Southeast Asia. Oral sources mentioned that the British Armed Forces members used to address any native male people in Singapore and Malaysia as John when the names were found to be difficult to remember or pronounce.


ID Meal

Roti John Taste: 7/10

I actually enjoyed the typical Batik Air bread that was rather soft and airy. The filling, however, could be more flavourful. Accompanying the omelette was chicken meat topped with a bit of chili sauce and mayonnaise.

Pandan Choco Muffin Taste: 7/10

The pandan muffin wasn't too shabby either as it was quite aromatic. While certainly not the most buttery I've ever had, it tasted pretty good with an adequate amount of sizeable chocolate chips.

Beverages

A cup of mineral water was given to each passenger together with the snack box. The airline also serves complimentary coffee and tea, but apparently I've never tried any so far.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 7/10
Ambience: 7/10
Service: 7/10
Overall: 7/10

I really hope we can travel overseas again soon. Meanwhile, take care and stay safe, everyone!


Batik Air

Economy Class Cabin
Airbus 320


*No separate price given as meals are included in the ticket price.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

MEX: Guacamole Grill