IDN: Liberty Hotel Thamrin [Breakfast]

Is Dante Coffee served at breakfast?

One of the reasons why I decided to stay in Jakarta, Indonesia for a few days before going back to Singapore was to try its new metro system. Located in the CBD area, Liberty Hotel Thamrin (3*) is literally just a minute away from Dukuh Atas BNI MRT station. Buffet breakfast is served at a branch of Dante Coffee housed inside the hotel.


Assorted Stuff

Even though it was labelled as garlic fried rice, there were only very few garlic bits. I topped it with a bit of fried shallots that were thankfully pretty crispy and fragrant. The fried kway teow (Chinese flat noodle) tasted alright, but it was a tad mushy. Accompanying the carbohydrates were black pepper fish, omelette, crackers and chili sauce that was delicious. I also took a bit of salad that was acceptably fresh.


Pastry

I tried a raisin roll that was somewhat buttery, as well as a chocolate danish that came with quite a generous amount of lovely filling. I put both of them in the toaster oven to make them slightly crunchy.


Green Bean Soup

Honestly, I couldn't remember when was the last time I'd had a bowl of green bean soup before that. Anyway, it was cooked well with the right amount of sugar. I also added a little bit of coconut milk,  which was placed separately in a container, to balance the flavours.


Fruits & Yogurt

While the small banana was naturally sweet, the melon cubes were rather bland and not at their freshest state. I also took a cup of locally produced blueberry-flavoured yogurt that was thick enough for my liking.


Beverages

Even though the glass bears the name, I wasn't sure if the coffee served for breakfast was of that brand. In any case, I enjoyed it as it was pretty robust. I also had a glass of full cream milk and a glass of water infused with strawberry slices and mint leaves.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 6/10
Ambience: 7/10
Overall: 6.5/10

Again, it wasn't an awesome breakfast, but slightly better than what I had at Ibis Budget Jakarta Airport the previous morning. Pika's advice: There are not many tables indoor, so you may want to go down earlier if you don't want to dine outside.


Liberty Hotel Thamrin

Jalan Sungai Gerong No. 2
Jakarta
Indonesia
(Daily: 6.30am - 10.00am)


*No separate price given as buffet breakfast is included in the room price.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

SIN: Singapore Airlines SQ392 (Premium Economy)