JPN: Hotel Listel Shinjuku (ホテルリステル新宿) [Breakfast]

Virgin experience with Acerola Mild!

During that trip in Tokyo, Japan, my BFF and I stayed at Hotel Listel Shinjuku (3*). Reachable by foot within 15 minutes or so, the hotel is located to the north of Shinjuku Gyoen National Garden, one of the places where we saw early-blooming sakura (lit. cherry blossom). Let's take a look at the buffet breakfast served at the hotel.


Assorted Stuff #1

As usual, I'm always looking forward to Japanese breakfast because I'm a rice person. There wasn't a lot of variety for the side dishes compared to some other hotels I've been to. The pork stewed with potatoes and carrots actually tasted good, but there wasn't enough meat. The mackerel slices were a bit dry, and even more so was the deep-fried rice ball. Thankfully, the vegetables were pretty fresh.


Assorted Stuff #2

I enjoyed the runny scrambled eggs with some tomato ketchup. I also found the pasta salad to be adequately rich and creamy, even though it could use some other ingredients to make it merrier. The shreddded vegetables went well with the tangy Japanese dressing made of soy sauce, rice vinegar and a bit of vegetable oil. I was also grateful for the moist bacon slices.


Udon

I also tried a small portion of udon (Japanese wheat-flour noodle). The broth was quite aromatic and tasted a little bit sweet. I topped it off with a slice of marinated bamboo shoot, deep-fried bitter gourd coated in batter and some spring onions.


Dessert

There wasn't any fresh fruits at sight. Instead, there was a bowl canned fruit cocktail and nata de coco, as well as a bowl of almond pudding cubes. I decided to mix the two of them.


Beverages

It was my first time trying the pinkish Acerola Mild, which tasted somewhere between watermelon and cherry, and thus pleasant. As for the orange-coloured mixed fruit and vegetable juice, it wasn't overly sweet. I also had a cup of latte, which was nothing to rave about.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 6.5/10
Ambience: 6/10
Overall: 6/10

As the restaurant isn't that big, try to go for breakfast earlier before the crowd comes. Otherwise, you may need to queue up. Pika's advice: Take note that a few types of bread are also available, but I didn't take any of them.


Hotel Listel Shinjuku

5-3-20 Shinjuku
Shinjuku, Tokyo
Japan
(Daily: 7.00am - 9.30am)


*No separate price given as buffet breakfast is included in the room price.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

SIN: Singapore Airlines SQ392 (Premium Economy)