JPN: Sourié (スーリエ)

Quite a lovely sliced beef rice box!

I love going to the basement floor of a Japanese department store, where there are typically lots of eye-catching stalls selling multifarious food items that never fail make my mouth water. For dinner on one of the evenings, my BFF and I decided to get something from Sourié at Takashimaya Times Square that's just a stone's throwaway from Shinjuku railway station.


Judging from the looks alone, which one would you go for?


Fish and Octopus Rice Box ¥840 (~S$10.80)
Taste: 7/10

The Japanese name of the dish is 白身魚&たこ飯弁当. The lightly flavoured rice mixed with octopus and peas wasn't shabby at all, although those tentacles were just a tad rubbery. The fish, on the other hand, was succulent enough. I enjoyed the creamy potato salad, as well as the stewed radish, carrot and konjac. For dessert, there were a few sweet kidney beans boiled in simple syrup.


Sliced Steak Rice Box ¥1,000 (~S$12.85)
Taste: 8/10

In the Japanese menu, the set that I ordered is called ザブトンステーキ弁当. To me, it was worth the price as the beef slices were as appetising as their appearance, but they'd probably be even better if there were slightly more fatty layers. They were topped with a bit of teriyaki sauce, which was adequately sweet for my liking. The accompaniments were Japanese omelette, shredded seaweed and pickles.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 7.5/10

I forgot to take a photo of the stall. Pika's advice: I'm not sure what time the stall starts slashing prices, but you can get 20% discount after 7.30pm based on personal experience.


Sourié
(スーリエ)

5-24-2 Sendagaya
B1/F Takashimaya Times Square
Shibuya, Tokyo
Japan
(Mon-Sat: 6.00am - 3.00pm)

*Prices quoted are nett prices.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

MEX: Guacamole Grill