SIN: British Airways Lounge @ Changi Airport T1

Ask for a secret drink if you wish!

Not being able to travel in June this year has given me the opportunity to catch up on my two blogs. Now that I've completed the short series of food hunt in Penang, Malaysia, let's move on to one of my past trips to Tokyo, Japan. As I'd be flying with Japan Airlines in the Business Class, I had access to British Airways Lounge as a Oneworld partner at Changi Airport Terminal 1.


There was a decent selection of food and drinks during my visit.


Mushroom Soup

I started off with a bowl of cream of mushroom that was thick and hearty enough for my liking. As garnishes, I added crunchy croutons and chopped spring onions.


Assorted Stuff #1

The pickled mushroom salad was quite an interesting find, which tasted piquant and rich enough for my liking. The chicken satay was pretty authentic and tasty too with chunky peanut sauce that was adequately creamy. The tubular pasta was close to being al dente, but the tomato sauce could be more flavourful.


Assorted Stuff #2

Frankly speaking, I wasn't expecting Indian dishes on the buffet line, all of which were quite tasty without being too spicy on the tongue. Accompanying the turmeric rice were dry curry of cauliflowers and chicken stew. I also took a piece of spring roll that I knew wasn't that crispy from its appearance, but I decided to try it anyway.


Assorted Stuff #3

The quartet of fruits - watermelon, pineapple, papaya and orange - was adequately fresh and sweet.  While the green tea pudding wasn't really aromatic, the chocolate pudding was enjoyable as it was pretty rich. I also had a piece of aged cheddar that was surface smoked, providing hints of hickory and ash flavours.


Beverages

The cappuccino from the coffee machine wasn't too shabby as it was quite aromatic. Besides that, it'd been quite a long time since I had chilled cranberry juice. Obviously, I also couldn't resist to the temptation of Baileys Irish Cream.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 7.5/10
Ambience: 8/10
Overall: 7.5/10

The lounge typically gets very busy beyond 9.00pm. Pika's advice: The secret drink is actually champagne, but since it can't be found on the buffet line, you have to ask for it as it's poured behind closed doors.


British Airways Lounge @ Changi Airport T1

80 Airport Boulevard
Level 3, Transit Area
Changi Airport Terminal 1
Singapore
(Daily: 3.00pm - 11.00pm)

*No separate price given as lounge access is included in the ticket price.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

SIN: Singapore Airlines SQ392 (Premium Economy)