SIN: J8 Café

One of the cheapest salmon main courses I've ever had~

Still on J8 Hotel, I actually can't remember why I decided to have dinner at the hotel's café that's located right next to the lobby area, but probably that was because I received some sort of voucher as part of my staycation. The café serves a range of food and beverages that won't burn a hole in your pocket.


I remember my dining partner and I were the only people there at around 6.00pm.


Shrimp Paste Chicken Wings S$6.80
Taste: 6/10

Even though my friend isn't really a fan of chicken wings, I asked him to share a plate of non-battered chicken wings marinated with shrimp paste for a start. While the white meat was pretty tender, I felt that the shrimp paste flavour wasn't particularly strong, so I'm not inclined to give a higher score.


Almond Crusted Miso Salmon S$11.80
Taste: 7/10

I'm not surprised if you're scratching your head comparing the photo and the name of the dish. While the menu does mention a topping of tomato salsa, indeed I didn't see almonds at all. Even though the salmon was thin, it was succulent enough for my liking. It was accompanied by French beans, as well as mashed potatoes that could use some seasonings.


Rib-Eye Steak S$18.80
Taste: 6.5/10

Served with some greens on a wooden board, the rib-eye steak done medium could definitely be juicier. Having said that, I enjoyed the topping of caramalised onions that were done well. I don't have much to say about the mushroom sauce, except that it wasn't that fragrant. For the side dish, I chose potato gratin that turned out to be somewhat creamy, but not that rich in flavours. Pika's advice: Instead of the potato gratin, you can choose to have shoestring fries.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 6.5/10
Ambience: 6.5/10
Service: 7/10
Overall: 6.5/10

I don't think the café serves any dessert, unless the menu has changed.

J8 Café

8 Townshend Road
Singapore
(Daily: 7.00am - 11.00pm)


*Prices quoted are subject to 10% service charge and 7% GST.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

CAN: St. Lawrence Market