SIN: J8 Hotel [Breakfast]

Cooked-to-order main course and mini buffet for breakfast!

It's just come to my realisation that I've been keeping a few completed posts as drafts without publishing them. I went for a staycation at J8 Hotel (3*), which is located in Jalan Besar area, before this terrible COVID-19 year. For breakfast, each guest gets to choose a main course and enjoy some free-flow items from the mini buffet line.


Waffle Set
Taste: 6/10

Of the three main courses choice shown on the menu, there was only one non-vegetarian option. Dusted with castor sugar, the waffle wasn't too shabby as it was quite light and fluffy. The accompanying scrambled eggs could be more velvety. There were also chicken sausages and a slice of cucumber and tomato each.


Mushroom and Cheese Quesadilla
Taste: 6.5/10

The other main course chosen was the meat-free quesadilla, which surely sounds more interesting than the last option of sandwich stuffed with lettuce, cucumbers and tomatoes. Anyway, the quesadilla tasted alright. I'd certainly love to have more of the melted cheese. It came with a side of salad drizzled with a bit of vinaigrette, as well as hash browns.


Porridge

I've got nothing much to say about the porridge from the buffet line, which wasn't seasoned at all. It was too watery for my liking. Save for spring onions and fried shallots, there wasn't anything else to enjoy the porridge with.


Macaroni

There wasn't anything special about the macaroni cooked tossed with chunky tomato sauce, but thankfully, the texture of the pasta was neither too hard nor overly soft. Pika's advice: Not a fan of macaroni? Hopefully you'll be lucky enough to see fried noodle or fried rice vermicelli during your stay as these three items are served on a rotational basis.


Toast

I also had a slice of white bread, which I toasted for a short while, with salted butter and orange marmalade.


Green Apple

Green apples make awesome apple tarts, but I don't quite like eating them on their own. Nevertheless, I took one from the basket that I counted as my first serving of fruit for the day. At least it was adequately fresh.


Coffee & Orange Cordial Drink

Since the coffee was so-so, I decided to add milk to it and a bit of sugar. The orange cordial drink was too sweet for my liking.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 5.5/10
Ambience: 6.5/10
Overall: 6/10

The next post shall cover the dinner that I had at the hotel.


J8 Hotel

8 Townshend Road
Singapore
(Daily: 7.00am - 10.00am)


*No separate price given as buffet breakfast is included in the room price.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]

CAN: St. Lawrence Market

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]