JPN: JAL Sakura Lounge (Satellite) @ Narita International Airport

JAL's curry is better than ANA's, methinks!

Japan Airlines has got two Business Class lounges at Narita International Airport that serves the Greater Tokyo Area of the Land of the Rising Sun. Instead of going to the bigger lounge at the main building, my BFF and I were headed to the one located at the satellite building that's said to be more peaceful.


Take a look at what we had for breakfast before flying off to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.


Assorted Stuff #1

First of all, I had a bit of fresh salad drizzled with tangy Japanese dressing and chicken breast cubes for protein. The scrambled eggs were velvety enough for my liking, while the sausage was meaty without being overly salty. The Vietnamese summer roll was surprisingly quite good with fresh shrimps stuffed inside.


Assorted Stuff #2

From the Japanese corner, I tried the airline's original beef curry with a few pickled garlic on the side. Even though the beef was more fatty than meaty, I must say that the curry was robust and aromatic, faring better than its competitor's that I had at ANA Lounge @ Kansai International Airport. I also relished the mackerel that was lightly salted, but I found the miso (Japanese fermented rice, barley and/or soybean) soup to be slightly thin.



Scone & Taiyaki

I found the earl grey scone studded with cranberries to be appetising. Texture wise, it was firm, yet delightfully crumbly. The two taiyaki (Japanese sea bream-shaped cake), however, were disappointing as they were cold and a bit hard. To add insult to injury, the custard filling wasn't that velvety, while the red bean filling was a tad dry. Pika's advice: If you're a bread person, enjoy some good croissants and others from Maison Kayser bakery at the lounge.



Yogurt with Fruits

I also had a small serving of plain yogurt mixed with blueberry coulis and preserved fruits. How thoughtful of them to add more maraschino cherries to the big bowl of canned fruit cocktail on the buffet line!


Beverages

It wasn't a bubbly breakfast for me, but I had some plum liqueur with ice cubes. On top of that, I had my second glass of Sky Time Kiwi, the airline's signature drink, the first being onboard JL36. Cappuccino was the only hot drink that I had at the lounge that morning, which wasn't too shabby and not so acidic.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 8/10
Ambience: 8/10
Overall: 8/10

I suppose they offer the same selection of food and beverages at the bigger lounge.


JAL Sakura Lounge (Satellite) @ Narita International Airport

1-1 Furugome
Narita International Airport Terminal 2
Narita, Chiba
Japan
(Daily: 7.30am - 11.00am, 3.00pm - 7.30pm)


*No separate price given as lounge access is included in the ticket price.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]

CAN: St. Lawrence Market

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]