SIN: Hotel Boss [Breakfast]

Hello Beerenberg, but passable breakfast...

In February this year, besides having a staycation at YOTEL Singapore (4*), I also went for one at Hotel Boss (4*) that boasts more than 1,000 guest rooms. Prior to the COVID-19 pandemic, self-service buffet breakfast was served at the hotel, which unfortunately has since been replaced by not a la carte buffet, but a breakfast set per guest. 


Western Breakfast
Taste: 5/10

There are only two main courses to choose from for breakfast. It was a pity that the scrambled eggs were rather watery, while the salad greens could be fresher. There were also chicken sausage, beef ham, beef bacon and hash brown. I'd say the best thing on the plate were the two small pieces of pancakes accompanied by salted butter and honey.


Nasi Lemak
Taste: 5.5/10

As for the other main course, I was hoping for the rice cooked in coconut milk and pandan leaves to be more fragrant, but it came as a bit of a surprise as I wasn't expecting to see long-grain rice. The chili had a kick, but I thought it could be slightly less salty. There wasn't anything particularly inspiring about the deep-fried chicken wings, fish cake and peanuts with anchovies. Anyway, I was glad that I didn't see any greenish-grey ring around the yolk upon halving the hard-boiled egg.


Assorted Stuff

In addition to the main dish, each breakfast set comes with other items to fill you up: bread, plain cornflakes, fruits and yogurt. Of course, there was nothing exciting about the slice of white bread cut into halves, but at least it came with Beerenberg strawberry jam that I like very much. The watermelon was pretty sweet and juicy, but the apple wasn't that fresh.


Coffee

Each of us could only make one choice of drink upon ordering. I'm pretty sure it was instant black coffee that I drank that morning. Pika's advice: If you ask nicely, perhaps you can get a refill or even another beverage. I noticed someone behind me requesting for orange juice when he was done with his tea.
 
Melon's Rating
Taste: 5/10
Ambience: 6.5/10
Service: 6.5/10
Overall: 6/10

I kinda like the name of the restaurant at the fourth floor of the hotel: Jubilicious.


Hotel Boss

500 Jalan Sultan
Singapore
(Daily: 6.30am - 10.30am)


*No separate price given as breakfast set is included in the room price.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

CAN: St. Lawrence Market