SIN: Supply & Demand

Will the supply of Italian food ever exceed its demand?

Welcome to the first post on the Singapore food scene for the year! One fine day while wandering about the Esplanade Mall, my uncle and I decided to go to Supply & Demand, a modern Italian trattoria with a rooftop bar, for dinner. Here's a fun fact: I didn't take Economics when I was in Junior College, but at least I'm aware of supply and demand curves.


Crab and Scallop Tagliatelle S$37.00
Taste: 8/10

The restaurant prides itself in its homemade fresh tagliatelle: long, flat ribbons that are traditionally about 6 mm wide. Craving for some crab meat, I decided to go for it, which also came with bouncy pan-seared scallops, caviar and capers. The pasta had a great texture, and there was more than enough crab meat cooked in butter sauce.


Australian Beef Striploin S$39.00
Taste: 8/10

I'm pretty sure the beef was intact when it came to the table and I was the one who cut it into halves, but somehow that's the only photo I have. Cooked to medium-rare as requested, the red meat was tender and adequately seasoned with salt and pepper, though it could be juicier to earn a higher score. Don't you love the tasty embellishments at the side?


Smoked Salmon Caesar Salad S$21.00
Taste: 8/10

It'd been a while since I last enjoyed a proper Caesar salad, and I thank the restaurant for giving me a good experience. Accompanying the fresh and crisp romaine lettuce were salted anchovies, bacon strips, boiled egg, parmesan cheese and toasted garlic bread. The housemade dressing was rich and creamy.


Sticky Date Pudding S$10.00
Taste: 8.5/10

Regulars should know that sticky date pudding is one of my most favourite dessert items of all times. Served warm and topped with blueberries and strawberry slices, the cake was indulgent without being dense. It was drizzled with quite a generous amount of salted caramel sauce. Pika's advice: Want to make it even more indulgent? For an additional S$4.00, you get a scoop of gelato of your choice.


Pocket Full of Sunshine S$22.00
Taste: 7.5/10

Instead of drinking wine, I went for one of the four signature cocktails. "Ring around the rosie, a pocket full of posies~" was immediately sung by my brain when I saw the name. The concoction of Hendrick's Gin, dry vermouth, blueberry and lemon juice was fruity and botanical without being overly sweet. 

Melon's Rating
Taste: 8/10
Ambience: 7.5/10
Service: 8.5/10
Overall: 8/10

At the point of writing, there are two other branches at Orchard Gateway and Novena. That aside, we've kissed goodbye to 7% GST since the start of 2023, and I'm definitely not looking forward to it increasing to 9% next year.

Supply & Demand

8 Raffles Avenue
#01-13 Annexe, Esplanade Mall
Singapore
(Tue-Fri: 11.30am - 3.00pm, 5.00pm - 10.30pm;
Sat-Sun: 11.00am - 10.30pm)


*Prices quoted are subject to 10% service charge and 8% GST.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

MEX: Guacamole Grill