FIN: Ingman Ice Cream Kiosk

A scoop of something quintessentially Finnish!

Pardon me for not being as active in updating my food blog these days as I've been quite busy recently, not to mention that I was sick for a few days. I've also been trying to churn out more posts to catch up on my travel blog. Anyway, let's take a look at two flavours of Ingman ice cream from a kiosk at Kauppatori (lit. Market Square) in Helsinki, Finland.


Care to make a guess of the two flavours that I had before scrolling down for the answer?


Double Scoop Ice Cream €5.50 (~S$8.65)
Salmiakki - Taste: 8/10
Kladdkaka - Taste: 8.5/10

Salmiakki is a kind of salty liquorice that's popular in Finland and other Nordic countries. While it's an acquired taste for sure, Ingman's rendition should be pretty acceptable to many people. What I had was certainly not too overpowering with a nice balance between the sweet and the salty. That aside, the kladdkaka (lit. mudcake) flavour was delectably velvety and rich without being too sweet. Pika's advice: Not a fan of cone? You can request for a cup instead.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 8/10

I shall try the sitruunainen - lakritsi (lit. lemon - liquorice) flavour next time.


Ingman Ice Cream Kiosk

Kauppatori
Helsinki
Finland
(Opening hours unknown - Anyone knows?)

*Prices quoted are nett prices.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

CAN: St. Lawrence Market