BGM: Floris Arlequin Grand Place Hotel [Breakfast]

Two chocolate danish a day wouldn't harm!

I recall having a bit of a hard time trying to decide on which value-for-money hotel to go for in the old town area of Brussels, Belgium. My BFF and I ended up in Floris Arlequin Grand Place Hotel (3*), which offers a splendid view of the town from its breakfast area on the topmost floor.


Assorted Stuff #1

I didn't see many varieties on the buffet line, but the food looked decent. While the scrambled eggs could be milkier, I enjoyed them as they were pretty velvety, going well with my favourite Heinz tomato sauce. Moreover, I was glad that the bacon strips were moist. Besides those, I took cheese, salami, cucumbers and tomatoes.


Assorted Stuff #2

Surpassing my expectation, the chocolate danish was truly delectable as it was highly crispy, besides being buttery with an adequate amount of chocolate. I also had a wedge of cheese and a cup of mango-flavoured yogurt. Pika's advice: The pastry items are really popular, so do grab them while they're still available.


Fruits

I saw three types of fresh fruits: apple, orange and kiwi. I didn't take any of the apples as I don't really fancy them. Instead, I took a bit of canned fruit cocktail, fishing for more grapes and cherries.


Cappuccino & 

I had a cup of cappuccino from the coffee machine, which was leaning more towards the mild side. I also tried a glass of tropical fruit juice, which turned out to be a tad too sweet for my liking.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 7.5/10
Ambience: 7.5/10
Overall: 7.5/10

The breakfast area isn't that big, but the tables are not too close to one another.


Floris Arlequin Grand Place Hotel

Rue de la Fourche 17-19
Brussels
Belgium
(Daily: 7.30am - 10.00am)


*No separate price given as buffet breakfast is included in the room price.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

CAN: St. Lawrence Market