TRY: Hotellino Istanbul [Breakfast]

Virgin experience with hazelnut-sans-chocolate spread!

On my third visit to Istanbul, Turkey, I stayed at Hotellino Istanbul (4*) that's situated near Gulhane Park. This hotel is better than the nearby Gulhane Park Hotel (4*) in terms of not only buffet breakfast, but also politeness of and service rendered by the staff.


Assorted Stuff #1

My breakfast began with some fresh vegetables and a variety of cold items from the buffet table. Special mention goes to the mushrooms in yogurt were refreshing due to the slightly sour taste that made me awake.


Assorted Stuff #2

Even though the scrambled eggs might not look great, they were pretty soft and enjoyably milky. Had they been less tasty, I wouldn't have gone for a second helping. The baked cheesy stuff were pretty interesting, while the fries could be crispier.


Assorted Stuff #3

There was nothing to rave about the bread and the marble cake, both of which could be moister. Thankfully, I took the truly amazing hazelnut spread and honeycomb to go with the former. I also tried a piece of Turkish delight and halva, a confection made of sesame paste.


Fruits & Yogurt

Besides grapes and oranges, I had a bowl of black cherry yogurt that wasn't overly sour. I recall seeing whole apples and oranges as well, but I didn't take them.


Coffee & Tea

The beverage section, which features coffee, tea and a variety of fruit juice, is always manned by a friendly server. I requested for a cup of coffee with a bit of milk, which turned out to be fragrant enough for my liking. As for the tea taken by my BFF, it was aromatic too. 

Melon's Rating
Taste: 7/10
Ambience: 7/10
Overall: 7/10

Take note that breakfast starts rather late from 7.30am onwards. Pika's advice: There aren't many tables and chairs in the small breakfast area. You may want to secure a table before 8.00am.


Hotellino Istanbul

3 Nobethane Street
Istanbul
Turkey
(Daily: 7.30am - 10.30am)


*No separate price given as buffet breakfast is included in the room price.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

CAN: St. Lawrence Market