TRY: Millennium Lounge @ Istanbul Ataturk Airport {CLOSED}

Washing down tasty cooked food with 'raki'!

UPDATE (01/05/2020): With the closure of Istanbul Ataturk Airport to commercial passenger flights in April 2019, the lounge has closed down.

My last moment at Istanbul Ataturk Airport in Turkey was spent at Millennium Lounge, which is located on the second floor of the international terminal above the food court. I found the selection of food and beverages to be on the smaller side, but I didn't want to eat a lot anyway prior to the Business Class flight to Doha, Qatar.


I've seen many bad reviews online, but my experience there wasn't bad.


Tomato Soup

I started off by sharing a bowl of tomato soup with my BFF. While its consistency could be thicker, the sweet and sour balance was there.


Salad & Sandwich

You can expect a variety of salad items on the buffet line. From the few that I took, I enjoyed the chopped tomato and cucumber salad the most as the latter was pretty juicy and crunchy. I didn't finish the sandwich filled with processed meat slices because the bread was quite tough.


Chicken Doner Kebab & Rice

Those were the only cooked items available at the lounge, which apparently really packed a punch. I wasn't expecting that they'd be that delicious. The chicken slices were tender and flavourful, while the rather sinful butter rice cooked with chickpeas was rich enough for my liking.


Sweet Items

There was nothing to shout about the sweet items, but I enjoyed the dark chocolate mousse the most. The bite-sized cookie studded with poppy seeds was decent too with its slighty savoury taste. Pika's advice: Depending on where you're flying to, do be careful about consuming or even getting into contact with poppy seeds.


Beverages

That was my first time trying raki, a sweetened anise-flavoured alcoholic drink, and I actually love it. Following that, I had some latte macchiato, while my BFF had a can of mango and pineapple-flavoured tea.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 7/10
Ambience: 7/10
Overall: 7/10

Overall, I felt that the food and beverages offered were better than those served at SkyTeam Lounge near Gate 224.


Millennium Lounge @ Istanbul Ataturk Airport

2/F International Terminal
Istanbul Ataturk Airport
Istanbul
Turkey
(Twenty Four / Seven)

*No separate price given as lounge access is included in the ticket price.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

CAN: St. Lawrence Market