TRY: WOW Airport Hotel [Breakfast]

Scrambled eggs with more tomatoes than eggs...

It was my second time staying at WOW Airport Hotel (4*) near Istanbul Ataturk Airport, which has recently stopped handling commercial passenger flights due to the opening of the new international airport. I didn't have breakfast there during my first stay, but did so during my second stay before flying out of Turkey.


Assorted Stuff

I was initially excited to see menemen (Turkish scrambled eggs with tomatoes), but soon realised that there were more tomatoes than eggs. Still, it tasted not bad. The salad and cold cuts were alright, but I was disappointed with the sigara boregi (lit. cigar pastry) filled with cheese, which wasn't crunchy at all.


Lentil Soup

I recall having a tasty bowl of lentil soup when I stayed at WOW Istanbul Hotel (5*) next door, so I was glad to see the same soup being served there. Topping it with some crushed herbs, red peppers and black pepper, I found the soup to be velvety and appetising.


Cakes & Pastry

I love simit (Turkish bread encrusted with sesame seeds). Alas, they weren't crunchy when I tried to pick any one of them using tongs. That aside, the ring-shaped bread was soft. Between the chocolate cake and the butter cake, I had a preference for the former that was slightly sweeter and moister compared to the latter.


Fruits & Yogurt

I took a small bowl of plain yogurt and added fruit cubes, which weren't entirely fresh, to it. The yellow grapefruit and orange halves, on the other hand, were luscious.


Coffee & Fruit Juice

The coffee was of medium strength and aroma. Both the orange and black cherry juice were refreshing without being prohibitively sweet.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 7/10
Ambience: 8/10
Overall: 7.5/10

Take note that breakfast starts rather late from 7.30am onwards. Pika's advice: This isn't food related, but take note that you shouldn't book this hotel if you're looking for an accommodation near the new Istanbul Airport since the two airports are very far apart.


WOW Airport Hotel

15 Ataturk Street
Istanbul
Turkey
(Mon-Fri: 6.30am - 10.30am;
Sat-Sun: 6.30am - 11.00am)


*No separate price given as buffet breakfast is included in the room price.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]

CAN: St. Lawrence Market