SIN: Silk Air MI354 & MI347 (Economy)

Grateful for the snacks onboard the short flights!

I've been wanting to write about my little adventure in Penang, Malaysia a while ago before the COVID-19 pandemic as part of my mother's birthday celebration, and the opportunity has finally come. Let's begin by looking at the Economy Class snacks and drinks offered onboard Silk Air MI354 and MI347 from Singapore to Penang and vice versa respectively. 


MI Meal #1

Tuna Sandwich Taste: 7/10

During the flight to Penang, I enjoyed the tuna sandwich that made use of wholemeal bread slices. It came with an adequate amount of tuna chunks in mayonnaise.

Fruits

The thin watermelon slices were sweet and juicy. There was also a slice of canned peach.

Beverages

A small cup of mineral water was provided on each tray. You can also have the usual fruit juice varieties, coffee and tea. I requested for a cup of chilled orange juice from the flight attendant. Pika's advice: Unlike in a full meal service, the flight attendants didn't make a second round for hot beverages. I suppose if you want to have both a cold drink and a hot drink, you can ask for both at the same time.


MI Meal #2

Sausage Pie Taste: 7.5/10

Despite its small size, the sausage pie tasted better than expected. The pie itself was pretty buttery, which was complemented well by the savoury chicken sausage.

Fruits

Similarly, I had some watermelon and peach slices on my way back to Singapore.

Beverages

I saw the same selection of beverages as in the outbound flight, but no mineral water was provided on the tray.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 7/10
Ambience: 7/10
Service: 7/10
Overall: 7/10

I heard that even for such a short flight, Silk Air used to offer a hot meal in the Business Class before the COVID-19 pandemic. I'm not sure if it'll still be the case once the pandemic is over.


Silk Air

Economy Class Cabin
Boeing 737-800

*No separate price given as meals are included in the ticket price.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

MEX: Guacamole Grill