SIN: PARKROYAL COLLECTION Pickering [Breakfast & Cocktails]

Hopefully the last hotel breakfast that I had to consume inside the room!

I'm bringing you another breakfast-in-room post today. Besides The Fullerton Hotel Singapore (5*), I also had a 2D1N staycation at PARKROYAL COLLECTION Pickering (5*) during Phase 2 (Heightened Alert) when dine-in was prohibited. In addition to breakfast, the room rate that I paid for included two glasses of cocktails.


I requested for the breakfast to be delivered to the room between 8.00am to 8.30am. Let's see which of the two 5* hotels won the much-reduced breakfast game since I had similar items at both hotels.


Set B: Scrambled Eggs
Taste: 6.5/10

Overall, I'd say PARKROYAL COLLECTION Pickering did a slightly better job for the scrambled eggs set, especially the sides. While the eggs didn't differ much as they could be more velvety, they were quite creamy. The grilled tomato was lovely as it was sweet and juicy, and they weren't stingy with the baked beans. The bacon strips were rather crispy, and there were no issues with the chicken sausages and hash brown medallions. 


Set G: Traditional Nasi Lemak
Taste: 4.5/10

The green-coloured rice infused with coconut milk and pandan leaves, however, was worse than the one served at The Fullerton Hotel Singapore. The rice was only mildly aromatic, while the chili was way too sweet for my liking. I'd certainly love to have more anchovies swimming in a ball pit of peanuts. There were two rather pathetic chicken mid-wings, a boiled egg cut in half and two cucumber slices that turned out to be crunchy and juicy.


Assorted Stuff

Each set came with a cup of salad, drizzled with homemade citrusy vinaigrette, that was adequately fresh. The so-called baker's basket, or rather paper bag, comprised croissant and chocolate danish that were pretty crunchy, as well as a blueberry muffin. The fruit cup was served with plain yogurt. It was a pity that the honeydew was hardly sweet.


Beverages

I had a cup of black coffee, which was moderately strong, together with a cup of hot milk. Each guest was also entitled to a cup of chilled juice of the day, which happened to be orange juice during my stay.
 

Singapore Sling S$25.00
Taste: 7.5/10

Since drinking at the bar counter was a no-no, the cocktails had to be delivered to the room in plastic cups. The gin-based Singaporean cocktail prepared by the hotel wasn't too shabby, although I was hoping for it to be slightly less sweet. The aroma of the cherry brandy, which is sometimes lacking in other places, was distinct enough for me.

Manhattan S$22.00
Taste: 6.5/10

I think I can count with the fingers of one hand the number of times I've drunk the cocktail invented in the 1860s. Comprising Scotch whiskey, Cointreau and Sweet Vermouth, the concoction that had some herbal undertones. wasn't as strong as expected. I'd also love it to be slightly less sweet and a bit more bitter.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 6/10

As you can see, I didn't bring Pikachu and Melon along for the staycation. Anyway, there was a bit of an issue regarding the redemption of the free cocktails, which I shall describe in my travel blog in the near future. Pika's advice: Should you get a room rate that includes complimentary cocktails, do clarify about the redemption timing as I heard different things from different staff members of the hotel.


PARKROYAL COLLECTION Pickering

3 Upper Pickering Street
Singapore
(Daily: 7.00am - 10.30am)


*No separate price given for each breakfast set as it's included in the room price.
*Prices quoted for the cocktails are subject to 10% service charge and 7% GST.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

SIN: Singapore Airlines SQ392 (Premium Economy)