AUT: Austrian Business Lounge @ Vienna International Airport

Little did I know that Austrians eat stuffed bell peppers with rice!

It was my first time transiting at Vienna International Airport in Austria. Playing the miles game allowed my BFF and I to fly in the Business Class cabin of Austrian Airlines for the first time. As we arrived from Istanbul, Turkey and we'd be flying to Bangkok, Thailand, we had access to the lounge in the non-Schengen area of the airport.


The lounge, as well as the buffet spread is smaller than expected.


Creamy Potato Soup

My dinner began with a hot bowl of cream soup that was definitely better than average, to which I added some bread. There were more than enough potato cubes.


Salad Dishes

While they could be fresher for sure, the barley salad and rocket salad with mozzarella balls were pretty agreeable. Both tasted pretty mild.


Austrian Plate

To my excitement, there were a few local dishes presented on the buffet line. Served with steamed rice was a bell pepper stuffed with a minced beef and pork that came with tomato sauce, along with cabbages. I enjoyed it as the filling was pretty substantial and juicy. I also gave the cabbage strudel a try, which was nothing to rave about as I thought the pastry could be more buttery.


Bakery & Pastry

I tried one of the bread variants, which turned out to be somewhat dry. Thankfully, the curd cheese pastry and apple pastry were soft and moist.


Fruit Salad

I didn't see any other fruits, except small bowls of fresh, not canned, pineapple and grapefruit pieces. They were adequately fresh.


Beverages

I sampled an Austrian white wine from Leo Hillinger Winery, which was pretty sweet and acidic at the same time. Besides that, I also had a cup of cappuccino that was aromatic enough for my liking.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 7/10
Ambience: 6.5/10
Overall: 6.5/10

I suppose there are other local dishes available on rotation. Pika's advice: For those interested, the lounge offers quite a number of finger food, such as cookies, apple chips and gummies.


Austrian Business Lounge @ Vienna International Airport

Entry Road
Vienna International Airport
Vienna
Austria
(Daily: 5.30am - 11.00pm)


*No separate price given as lounge access is included in the ticket price.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

SIN: Singapore Airlines SQ392 (Premium Economy)