SIN: Mid-Autumn 2026 Mooncakes @ Frasers House

A treat for charcoal coffee lovers included!

Did you know that InterContinental Singapore was officially rebranded as Frasers House in early 2026? I only found out when I was looking around for mooncakes to buy this year. Anyway, this isn't my first time getting snowskin mooncakes from Man Fu Yuan, a renowned Cantonese restaurant housed inside the hotel, which has remained in place even after the rebranding.



Snowskin Mooncakes: Nanyang Reverie S$102.00

This year's snowskin mooncakes feature four flavours inspired by the diverse heritage and cultural tapestry that have shaped the Bugis precinct, with each mooncake containing two truffles. In general, I enjoyed the snowskin, which had a soft and slightly springy texture that made each bite satisfying.



Emerald Chendol, Red Bean, Jackfruit and Gula Melaka Truffle
Taste: 8/10

As the first flavour that I tried, the pandan-infused snowskin mooncake made quite a pleasant start. Sweet and fragrant jackfruit chunks added a lovely fruity note, while the gula melaka (Malay brown sugar) truffle at the centre brought caramel-like richness to the mooncake. Thankfully, the combination didn't end up being overly sweet.



Velvet Milk Tea, Orange and White Chocolate Truffle
Taste: 7.5/10

The mooncake inspired by the Thai influences at Golden Mile Complex was less convincing in terms of its lotus paste infused with Thai milk tea, which didn't quite come through as strongly as expected. Having said that, the orange truffle was a highlight, bringing a lovely citrusy note that contrasted nicely with the velvety paste.



Nanyang Charcoal Coffee and Dark Chocolate Truffle
Taste: 8.5/10

Combining two elements that I enjoy, the mooncake that pays homage to the kopitiam (lit. coffee shop) culture easily won my heart. True to its promise, the mooncake had a distinct charcoal-roasted coffee aroma, complemented well by the dark chocolate truffle that added a rich bittersweet note.



Rose Syrup, Cream and Lychee Truffle
Taste: 8/10

A nod to the heritage of Arab Street, the mooncake infused with rose syrup came with a delicate floral aroma that I found delightful. The lychee truffle added some lovely fruity sweetness, resulting in a pleasant and well-balanced flavour profile that made for a nice way to round off the collection.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 8/10

Overall, I was certainly pleased with the snowskin mooncakes, which were better than what they used to offer back in 2017 as featured in this postPika's advice: If you're interested in giving them a try, you can still get them until 25 September 2026.

Man Fu Yuan

80 Middle Road
Level 2 Frasers House
Singapore
(Only during the mid-autumn festival!)

*Prices quoted are nett prices.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

SIN: Singapore Airlines SQ392 (Premium Economy)

PHI: Philippine Airlines PR211 (Business)

NZL: Hiakai Café