SIN: So Pho [Delivery]

First time having 'cha cha la vong' here in Singapore!

Before I continue with more posts on eateries in Georgetown, Guyana, allow me to do a quick review of yesterday's Vietnamese dinner at home. I was too hungry that I didn't take out my trusty notebook to jot things down, so I shall do this post before I forget. At the point of writing, there are 16 branches of So Pho islandwide. 


Hanoi Famous Fish Fillet Rice Set S$12.80
Taste: 7/10

The dish is known as cha cha la vong in Hanoi, Vietnam, which I tried for the first time at The Gourmet Corner Restaurant. The fish slices seasoned with turmeric were decent. To my satisfaction, the sunny-side up egg that came with the rice had a runny yolk. I found the accompanying pickled cabbages and carrots to be refreshing.


Vietnamese Pho (Sliced Beef and Beef Balls) S$9.80
Taste: 7.5/10

The beef noodle soup topped with spring onions was quite tasty. While the sliced beef was so-so, the meatballs were delectably tender. I was thankful for the fact that the rice noodle, which was pretty chewy, came separately instead of being immersed in the soup right from the start.


Summer Rolls (Prawns, Grilled Chicken and Chicken Ham) S$4.80
Taste: 8/10

The side dish turned out to be the best item of the day. The two fresh spring rolls came with chili sauce and hoisin sauce (Chinese sauce made of starch, soybeans, vinegar, etc.).


The prawns were thin, but naturally sweet nonetheless. The vegetables were fresh too. As that was my first time eating the chicken version of luncheon meat, I was surprised that it actually tasted similar to its pork counterpart, though not as nice and fatty.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 7.5/10

Pika's advice: For something different, you may want to try the summer rolls with grilled beef and grilled chicken.

So Pho

5 Straits View
#B2-50 Marina One
Singapore
(Daily: 11.00am - 10.00pm)


*Prices quoted are subject to 7% GST and delivery charge.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

CAN: St. Lawrence Market