SUR: Eco Resort Inn [Breakfast]

A taste of a local dish made of a plant called 'pomtajer'!

In Paramaribo, Suriname, my BFF and I stayed at Eco Resort Inn (3*). Buffet breakfast is served daily at its Riverside Hut, which is sort of a misnomer as it's located in the middle of the hotel grounds. The hotel's Riverview Terrace and Bar, on the other hand, is the one that allows patrons to have a view of Suriname River.


Assorted Stuff #1

I was lucky that pom (Surinamese oven dish made of the roots of arrowleaf elephant ears) was served on the first morning. Containing chicken chunks, it was starchy and creamy. Besides that, I also enjoyed the cumin cheese slice, but not so much of the bacon strips as they weren't moist. The salad was acceptably fresh.


Assorted Stuff #2

The Dutch pancake was executed well, which had a delightfully chewy texture. I chose to eat it with maple syrup. I recall seeing chocolate sauce and castor sugar as well. The muffin was fluffy, but the danish was rather hard.


Omelette

I requested for omelette at the egg station, which turned out to be moist inside with an adequate amount of cheese that had melted nicely. The cook was pretty generous with the ingredients, such as ham slices and onions.


Fruits

While the watermelon cubes were sweet and juicy, the pomelo was rather dry. When I was about to take a banana, one of the staff jokingly said, "No, you can't take that." At this juncture, I want to say that Surinamese are friendly. :)


Beverages

To my satisfaction, the black coffee was quite strong and aromatic. I also enjoyed the strawberry cordial drink that tasted pleasant. Its passion fruit counterpart, however, was too sweet for my liking. 

Melon's Rating
Taste: 7.5/10
Ambience: 6.5/10
Overall: 7/10

Given that the hotel has got a total of 120 guest rooms, the breakfast hut is quite small. Pika's advice: When you're seated at the periphery, do be cautious of birds that may want to steal your food.


Eco Resort Inn

Cornelis Jongbaw Straat 16
Paramaribo
Suriname
(Daily: 6.00am - 10.00am)


*No separate price given as buffet breakfast is included in the room price.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

CAN: St. Lawrence Market