SIN: Herbal Oasis

Healthy food with a touch of TCM!

If you're looking for a healthy meal full of goodness imparted by Chinese herbs, I highly recommend Herbal Oasis. Opened by a TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine) clinic named Ren Hai (仁海堂), the eatery has been serving nourishing item, in particular soup dishes, since early January this year.


Black Chicken Herbal Soup S$7.50
Taste: 9/10

It'd been ages since I last ate black chicken soup, so I was delighted to find out that it was available the other day. Even though the adequately oily chicken wing was pretty small, the soup was appetisingly sweet. The spiciness of the soy sauce provided at the side was kicking my taste buds, complementing the aromatic soup.


Fish with Danggui and Mushrooms S$12.00
Taste: 9/10

Another awesome dish that I ordered was the fish with different kids of mushrooms and miraculous dried roots which is known to help with fatigue, mild anemia and high blood pressure. The fish fillet was cleanly cut, being as juicy as the mushrooms. Man, those were the sweetest wolfberries I've ever had in my life.


Pumpkin Rice S$4.00
Taste: 9.5/10

It had to be the best pumpkin rice I've ever encountered so far! The velvety rice showcased juicy mushrooms and amazingly sweet pumpkin bits. Finished with fried shallots, it could be surely be a meal of its own due to its awesome taste.

Sweet Potato Brown Rice S$4.00
Taste: 8.5/10

While I preferred the pumpkin rice more, the brown rice was definitely not bad. It came with earthy sweet potato cubes which had a nice texture, but not as sweet as the pumpkins described earlier.


Rose Jelly S$3.00
Taste: 8/10

For dessert, I tried the beautifully shaped, mildly sweet jelly which featured rose petals inside. Each piece was firm, yet chewy enough for my liking. I was hoping that the aroma would be stronger though.


The Firefighter Tea S$5.00
Taste: 9/10

To soothe my itchy throat, I gulped down the tea which had chrysanthemum, honeysuckle and other cooling herbs. Its mild sweetness was complemented by the fragrance of the flowers. Overall, it was as refreshing as expected.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 9/10
Ambience: 8.5/10
Service: 9.5/10
Overall: 9/10

The ambience was as good as the food, save for the fact that the air-conditioning was blasting for the first half of the meal. Kudos to the sweet, friendly and efficient young lady! Pika's advice: If you happen to be around during lunch time, I believe they offer value-for-money lunch sets that you can look forward to!

Herbal Oasis

27A Neil Road
Singapore
(Mon-Sat: 12 noon - 7.00pm)

*Prices quoted are nett prices.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Herbal Oasis said…
Hi Cliff!

Wow, thanks for the great review about us! Would you mind if we place a link of your post on our website? :)

- Herbal Oasis
Hi!

I would not mind at all, of course! Thank you for the great food, service and ambience! I'd definitely come back again in the near future! :)

Popular Posts

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

TWN: EVA Air BR226 (Economy)

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]