SIN: The Burger Bar by Fatboy's

Locally born burgers that have gone to Kuala Lumpur, Phnom Penh and Beijing!

Many of my friends have been talking about how good Fatboy's burgers are. Last week, I managed to drop by The Burger Bar by Fatboy's at Far East Plaza, which I think offers a smaller menu. It was pretty hard for me to decide on which burger to try, but since I was with a friend, I could taste two varieties.


Ordering is done via any of the two self-service kiosks, followed by payment at the counter. You'll get a pager to collect your food and drinks later.


Mozzarella Cheese Sticks S$6.00
Taste: 8/10

Before digging into the burgers, we shared a small bucket of six mozzarella cheese sticks. While I've had my share mozzarella cheese with a better stringy texture, the batter was delightfully crispy and seasoned well with herbs, salt and pepper. The tomato sauce was predominantly sweet with more-than-average thickness.


Shark Bait Burger S$10.00
Taste: 8/10

Smacked in between two brioche buns was a big chunk of battered fish that was adequately fresh and flaky in terms of texture. It came with homemade wasabi (lit. Japanese horseradish) mayonnaise that was quite potent. The lettuce leaves were crisp, but the tomato slice was overripe.


Mahalo Burger S$10.00
Taste: 8/10

I was grateful for the bun topped with black and white sesame seeds that was lightly toasted to give it a bit of char and crispiness. The minced pork and bacon patty was quite juicy, topped with caramelised onions and mayonnaise. It was a pity that there wasn't much of the melted Monterey Jack cheese.


Coco Water S$3.50
Root Beer Float S$5.00

I don't usually get drinks when dining out, but it was such a hot day that I decided to get a mug of Root Beer with vanilla ice cream. The mug was chilled the way I like it. My friend grabbed a small carton of coconut water.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 8/10

The original branch is located at 187 Upper Thomson Road. Pika's advice: If you can't decide which burger to get, you may want to consider their Mini Burger Trio - beef, chicken and lamb - priced at S$8.50.

The Burger Bar by Fatboy's

14 Scotts Road
#01-07 Far East Plaza
Singapore
(Daily: 12 noon - 10.30pm)

*Prices quoted are nett prices.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

TWN: EVA Air BR226 (Economy)

SIN: Singapore Airlines SQ656 (Economy)