SIN: Wang Ji 268 Seafood Restaurant

I couldn't stop popping the garlic chicken into my mouth!

Wang Ji 268 Seafood Restaurant used to be at 45 Sims Drive. When I went back after a year to have their delicious garlic chicken dish again, I was surprised to see that it's no longer there. After a quick search online, I'm glad that they're still around, moving to Shan Ding Coffee Shop at 45 Syed Alwi Road.


Yam's Kitchen was bestowed with the SG50 Prestige Enterprise Award 2015/16.


Cheesy Prawn (Small) S$20.00
Taste: 8/10

I'd never noticed the existence of such a dish in my previous visits, so I decided to give it a try. A concoction of butter and a bit of cheese, the yellow-coloured gravy was sweet and savoury at the same time. Coming with chewy glass noodle, the prawns were fresh enough, but could be naturally sweeter.


Garlic Chicken (Small) S$12.00
Taste: 9/10

My favourite dish was executed well that evening, as is always the case in all my visits thus far. It might appear towards the dry side, but the chicken chunks were succulent. Fried together with smashed garlic cloves, the dish was entirely fragrant without being greasy. I can't wait to have it again.


Cai Po Beancurd (Small) S$10.00
Taste: 8.5/10

I was satisfied with one of the highly recommended dishes: the homemade beancurd with a silky texture that was juxtaposed by the somewhat crunchy cai po (Chinese preserved radish) peppered liberally on top of it. The gravy, made of soy sauce as one of the primary ingredients, was a delight to drizzle over piping hot rice.


Three Eggs Vegetable (Small) S$10.00
Taste: 8/10

The soupy spinach dish wasn't disappointing at all, given that the leafy greens weren't overcooked. It came with three different types of eggs: normal, salted and century eggs that were piquant enough. Besides that, I enjoyed eating the wolfberries as they were quite sweet.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 8.5/10
Ambience: 6.5/10
Service: 8/10
Overall: 7/10

The owner of the food stall is a lovely lady. I heard she used to do a business on golf equipment before opening the eatery at the old place. Pika's advice: Those who love fish head may want to consider their favourite Assam Fish Head. I didn't take note of the price though.

Wang Ji Seafood Restaurant

45 Syed Alwi Road
Shan Ding Coffee Shop
Singapore
(Daily: 5.00pm - 3.00am)

*Prices quoted are nett prices.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

TWN: EVA Air BR226 (Economy)

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]