SIN: Holiday Inn Express Singapore Katong [Breakfast]

How's the Express Start Breakfast?

I'm not sure about you, but I'm starting to miss self-service buffet breakfast at hotels. I wonder when we can have it again. In today's post, let's take a look at what were offered by Holiday Inn Express Singapore Katong (3*), which is located next to I12 Katong, before COVID-19 came to our shores.


Assorted Stuff #1

Yes, I typically eat a lot of eggs. While not really creamy and velvety, the scrambled eggs were fluffy alright. I was glad that the hard-boiled egg wasn't overcooked. I can't remember the name of the Indian dough ring, but it was so-so. The chicken sausage was passable.


Nasi Lemak & Fried Noodle

Neither dishes were memorable. The nasi lemak (Malay rice dish cooked in coconut milk with pandan leaves) was hardly fragrant, while the fried noodle was simply lacking in flavours. Thankfully, the anchovies and peanuts were crunchy.


Salad

The salad ingredients were adequately fresh. Accompanied by corns and black olives, the lettuce leaves were pretty crisp. I chose to have them with balsamic vinegar.


Pastry

The chocolate danish could certainly have more chocolate, but I quite enjoyed the blueberry danish even though it wasn't crispy. The other chocolate pastry and quiche were a tad dry, while the muffin could be more buttery. Pika's advice: Take note that there's a sign on the bread toaster that says it should only be used for sliced bread.


Yogurt & Fruits

I believe that was my first time having Zottis yogurt from Germany, which paled in comparison to some other brands. While the watermelon cubes were sweet enough, their honeydew counterparts weren't so.


Espresso & Orange Juice

The espresso that came from the coffee machine was lacking in depth. I didn't mind the thick consistency of the orange juice, but it was rather sweet for my liking.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 5/10
Ambience: 5.5/10
Overall: 5/10

I've actually planned for a staycation at another Holiday Inn Express property sometime this year. We shall see how the breakfast is going to be.


Holiday Inn Express Singapore Katong

88 East Coast Road
Singapore
(Daily: 6.30am - 10.30am)


*No separate price given as buffet breakfast is included in the room price.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

CAN: St. Lawrence Market